Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-01-2016, 11:12 AM   #11
TT is 212QBW, marker light lens came off first trip. will be replaced in 2 weeks while in for a couple of other minor warranty fixes.

troutcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 06:48 PM   #12

Appreciate all the feedback. Yeah, the lens is pretty cheap. Unless I have to make the drive for a warranty repair will probably just replace it myself. Never had one fly off in the past, must not have been on securely. The bumper plugs always seem to be hanging 1/2 out, thanks for the ideas on securing or replacing.
This forum is going to be great, so many experienced folks, and so much to learn!
Thanks, Larkin

Itully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 08:55 AM   #13
Just decided this summer to carry a spare lens for both colors. I noticed the right marker lens on the back wasn't quite on right, and it wouldn't "snap" on tight. It appears the light base was warped a little (maybe over tightened at the factory), so that light got replaced. Now that I have spares, I'll probably never need 'em.
2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab
1 Spoiled Dog
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 11:37 AM   #14
Over the years... I have lost count of all the marker covers lost... I went on Ebay and bought a supply of spares and keep them in-stock for the inevitable. As for the bumper plugs that keep your sewer hose in storage... buy a replacement set of good "rubber" plugs! the cheap plastic ones will fall out too easily and your sewer hose will fall out on the road.
SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 09:05 PM   #15
I also had a maker light blow off and according
to my dealer it is under warranty
stickywicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 09:29 PM   #16
Perhaps just a drop or two of silicone when replacing those lost lens covers would keep them from falling off. I lost two when pulling my trailer home post purchase. It was used so I didn't give it much thought. I found them cheap online so I bought six each red and amber. After reading about it being a fairly common occurrence, I'm going to try just a bit of silicone as insurance. Not enough to make them difficult to remove... just enough to keep them from vibrating off.
olbriar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 04:55 PM   #17
Send a message via MSN to Vicrus
A solution for bumper caps is to drill a 1/4" hole in the top of each side of the bumper with the caps in place. Then insert a nail through the hole.It will keep the cap in place.

Vicrus is offline   Reply With Quote