Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-12-2015, 06:32 AM   #21

I just installed a Rearview Safety wireless system with one camera. It was easy to install and worked with the truck not attached to the 5er, and 60 feet away from the camera. I liked it so well, I ordered another camera for the right side of the trailer.

Rog
2007 Designer 36RLTS
2012 F350 Super Duty Lariat Powerstroke
trainer51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 12:53 PM   #22

Has anyone tried the wireless Rear View Safety camera from Costco with an aluminum trailer? It recommends the wired one but I was told I will have to drill through my truck to install. Wanted to give it to my husband for Christmas. Am leaning towards the Furrion observation camera but the Rear View Safety is so much less! Called Furrion and they told me it doesn't matter if my trailer is aluminum with theirs.
DeeBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 06:55 AM   #23

Just purchased our trailer a few weeks ago and still adding options and accessories. Really needed a backup camera and after looking at many online I decided to take the plunge on a wireless setup from 4Ucam. Will see, I hope. It comes with 2 cameras, can handle 4. I will not have a spotter with me when I am traveling so may add other cameras to help. My trailer does not have a camera mount so plan to put one in the middle in place of the center running light on the back.

Question - if I decide to mount other camerais is there a way to use short sheet metal screws and then seal with silicone that is reliable and durable? I know what I think should work but, want to be very careful and sure if I am going to put a hole in the outside skin of the trailer.
suzhou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 11:46 AM   #24

I use the BOYO VTC424R wireless on the rear bumper of the 14 F150. works great no interference. Bought it from Crutchfields. return of 60 days if you don't like it
robert9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 06:44 AM   #25

I installed the Furrion Wireless Observation System on the back of my White Hawk 25BHS. Replaced the center marker light in the back with the camera. It performs great. Powers up with the marker lights. I just turn on the headlights and leave them on for the trip and I can continually check my 6 cruising down the highway. Also very handy when backing into tight spots.
barttoday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 10:49 AM   #26

I too have the Furrion. Check Amazon for best price. Make sure you get the FOS48TA-BL. That model is designed for rear view. Comparably priced with Rear View Safety.
Old 04-26-2016, 02:00 PM   #27

I read a post on here where someone used a wired backup camera and connected it to a wifi emitter that created a local wireless network. It seemed like a good option to me as you could just use your phone (or an old one) when you needed it. You could position the emitter near the front to increase the range.

TV: 2011 Nissan Xterra Pro4x
TT: 2016 174BH Baja Edition
schmittychris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 02:07 PM   #28

This is the thread: http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f3...one-28256.html

TV: 2011 Nissan Xterra Pro4x
TT: 2016 174BH Baja Edition
schmittychris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 02:13 PM   #29

I installed the Voyager camera, The installation was quite simple. The only thing I dislike is that the monitor takes up a lot of space over the dashboard, but the signal is good about 95% of the time, certainly it's good when you are just backing up into a space, the only time I've seen it cut out is once in a while while driving down the highway.

It's expensive, but I didn't want to run wires everywhere and I wanted it to just work. This product fits the bill for that.

That said, if I had to do it over again, I would have something that wires directly into the truck's radio directly and probably pay someone to do the wiring on the truck. The wiring on the trailer seems easy enough to me. I also want to get a setup to monitor the hitch connection while driving. I have an existing rear-view camera on the truck, but it's not the best for that sort of thing, and I'd have to jury rig it to turn on and display when the truck isn't moving in reverse.
ecksdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 07:05 PM   #30

I've put a wired backup camera and right side camera on my 39' Designer. I am certain the backup was worth the effort every time I back up. Only occasionally relied on the side view, however.
gmast is offline   Reply With Quote