Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-02-2011, 09:59 PM   #1

Wobbly dual post dinette table

This darn thing squeaks and wobbles badly. The squeak is a no brainer but has anyone got a fix for this besides welding it rigid? Will replacing the two posts help. I guess the previous owner levered themselves up off the seat by pushing down on the table edge. Thanks for your time

Basil1
Old 07-02-2011, 10:16 PM   #2

My 2008 26BH is the same way. It is annoying if you have a drink on the table.
IronmanMLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 05:02 AM   #3
Site Team

I`m afraid that is the nature of the beast. Wobbly.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 10:06 AM   #4

sippy cups for everyone.
IronmanMLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 10:29 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronmanMLR View Post
sippy cups for everyone.

LOL.... we don't have a wobbly table, but kids use a covered cup and straw. But even without the kids, I will use a covered mug to drink out of. Serves another purpose as they keep cold drinks cold
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 01:35 PM   #6

I copied a friend's idea. She moved her post holders on the bottom of the table. Now it is closer to the wall. She used sticky back felt pads so it doesn't rub the wall.
my toys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 06:25 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by basil1 View Post
This darn thing squeaks and wobbles badly. The squeak is a no brainer but has anyone got a fix for this besides welding it rigid? Will replacing the two posts help. I guess the previous owner levered themselves up off the seat by pushing down on the table edge. Thanks for your time

Basil1
We were told by the dealer when we took delivery, to always put the dinette table in the collapsed position when towing. They said this will greatly reduce the wear on the post sockets. We have since followed this advise.
Old 07-04-2011, 05:23 PM   #8

We bought screw in mounts and table legs at Lowes. Put them on the back side near the window. Works pretty good.
bunnee911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 06:01 PM   #9

That sounds like it might be a good fix. An old truck camper I used to have had a table bracket like a "J" hook and a folding leg. Had to collapse leg and lift table quite high to disengage from the J bracket on the wall. I'll look for that. Anyone seen that sort of thing?
Old 07-05-2011, 04:15 AM   #10

We had that design on a used RV my folks bought about 40 years ago..hadnt seen it since, till we looked at a Surveyor travel trailer. I think it's a much more secure unit. I asked at the dealer when we bought our Jayco, and noone seemed to know what I was talking about. if I could find one, I would use it. If I recall correctly it also had tabs that slid into slotted brackets at the top wall side of the table, was also much easier to fold down!
ACA6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 08:36 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACA6151 View Post
We had that design on a used RV my folks bought about 40 years ago..hadnt seen it since, till we looked at a Surveyor travel trailer. I think it's a much more secure unit. I asked at the dealer when we bought our Jayco, and noone seemed to know what I was talking about. if I could find one, I would use it. If I recall correctly it also had tabs that slid into slotted brackets at the top wall side of the table, was also much easier to fold down!
Yes, I remember those tabs which slid up into the slotted brackets, but that was many years ago. Can't say if I've seen those recently.
Old 07-05-2011, 10:46 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACA6151 View Post
You're right. I had forgotten about the tabs. Thinking about it more now I remember it had a heavy wire style bracket that was attached to the bottom of table close to the edge and the other end was mounted to the wall. The bracket was free to float from raised position when the table was up and allowed the table to go down and rest on it's seat supports for bed position. You had to raise the other end of the table fairly high to allow the tabs to slide into the slotted brackets fixed to the wall. The leg at the other end folded up to a collapsed position for bed use.
Old 07-10-2011, 05:05 PM   #13

Replace posts with fo,ding legs

We had this problem on a used 19h we bought. We removed the posts and replaced them with a set of folding legs bought from the dealer. We were also able to utilize the dinette as a bed when we had extra company.
3Aussies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 02:27 PM   #14

Wobbly table fix....

I bumped into this thread by accident. I figured I resurrect it with a nice solution to the OP's problem.Stolen from another forum...I tried it and it worked great. Total cost was under $4.00 for the epoxy.

"I was frustrated that my dinette wobbled. I could see that the flush mounted tube holder was flexing....

I heard that these were better....

But looking at the bottom...I thought... it isn't much better. What to do?

I filled it with some small gravel, well mixed with epoxy!

After it cured for a few days, I flipped it over and mounted the base to the floor....and I'm here to tell you, it doesn't wiggle any more!"
InspiredBMX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 03:11 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Aussies View Post
We had this problem on a used 19h we bought. We removed the posts and replaced them with a set of folding legs bought from the dealer. We were also able to utilize the dinette as a bed when we had extra company.
I am interested in the folding legs, could you give a picture or link to what you have?

2008 (40th Anniversary) Jay Flight G2 32BHDS
2011 F250 XLT Extended Cab 6.2L

Doreen and Rocky
3 kidlets
1 princess puppy
1 feral kitty
1 boar guinea pig
dorayme is offline   Reply With Quote