Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-30-2017, 10:25 AM   #1

Wonder how long they thought it would take to find this?

Found it this morning in our new 2017 Eagle 330RSTS while cleaning out the cabinet. The control panel is mounted on the other side.

Guess the guy doing the wiring thought that the cabinet guys would somehow cover this up. Then the cabinet guys chuckled at the wiring guys and decided to leave it up to the dealership to fix. Then the dealership missed it during their PDI and so did we.

Seems it would have been quicker and cheaper to fix when it happened instead of letting it go out the door like this. Guess not. ATTACH]28853[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails
J Moon - Hole.jpg  
Old 01-30-2017, 10:33 AM   #2

I wouldn't even take it in for that but wouldn't blame someone for doing so. It would cost me more (time and money) than to just address it myself....
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 10:33 AM   #3

jeeze, that almost looks like rodent damage.
bansai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 10:46 AM   #4

Not my job! Amazing what goes on in a typical work day.
Old 01-30-2017, 11:13 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCo View Post
I wouldn't even take it in for that but wouldn't blame someone for doing so. It would cost me more (time and money) than to just address it myself....
IT's a 3 month old trailer and we will be taking it in for a number of other warranty work when we get back to Michigan in April. Sent the dealer pics and they are going to address it then with everything else.
Old 01-30-2017, 11:14 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bansai View Post
jeeze, that almost looks like rodent damage.
Don't let my DW hear you say that!!!!! LOL.
Old 01-30-2017, 11:15 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunce the traveler View Post
Not my job! Amazing what goes on in a typical work day.
I suspect it was a casualty due to the backlog they had in their builds and were under a lot of pressure to get them out the door. We waited 19 weeks for ours. But things like this makes one wonder... what else was just overlooked to get it out the door?
Old 01-30-2017, 04:00 PM   #8

I was always told when you get a travel trailer, be prepared to work on and fix things, even sometimes when it may under warranty it could be less aggravation to take care of it your self.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kampfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 04:44 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kampfire View Post
I was always told when you get a travel trailer, be prepared to work on and fix things, even sometimes when it may under warranty it could be less aggravation to take care of it your self.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My Wife's father said the same thing to me as he gave her away on our wedding night. Truth.
bansai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 04:49 PM   #10
Site Team

That`s a nice mouse hole.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 05:08 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by blujay40 View Post
IT's a 3 month old trailer and we will be taking it in for a number of other warranty work when we get back to Michigan in April. Sent the dealer pics and they are going to address it then with everything else.

That's great. Yeah definitely let them fix it if you have other warranty work. Thank goodness my 2017 28BHBE hasn't had any issues and I pray it stays that way lol....
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 05:20 PM   #12

Easy fix for the dealer, fill it with white caulk and call it a day. I have done all my warranty repairs, dealer has supplied the parts from Jayco.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 06:12 PM   #13

I'm glad Jayco has a 2 year warranty. Just about every time I took mine out I had to take it back to the dealer for almost the entire 2 years.

If you are born once you will die twice
If you are born twice you will die once
joe in calif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 06:41 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabman View Post
That`s a nice mouse hole.
Dang it Crabman, the DW saw THAT post!!!!
Old 01-30-2017, 08:48 PM   #15

We have ordered the 330 rsts and would like to know what problems that you have had with yours so we can check on these things when we pick ours up. Also, what things you really like about the 330rsts. We ordered in August and still no build date. We were told possibly Feb. Thanks for any input. Betty & Phil
Betty&Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 10:46 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty&Phil View Post
We have ordered the 330 rsts and would like to know what problems that you have had with yours so we can check on these things when we pick ours up. Also, what things you really like about the 330rsts. We ordered in August and still no build date. We were told possibly Feb. Thanks for any input. Betty & Phil
In the 3 months we have had ours, we haven't really had any major "problems" but rather a few "issues" and a dozen or so "fit and finish" complaints as well as the hole shown in this thread. They are so minor, they can wait until we return home in the spring. I just hope by saying that, I haven't jinxed us now!!! ;-)

The two "issues" we have had, have been fixed already due to excellent service by Jayco, Furrion and Girard.

The first issue was with the TV in the Living Room. It had a severe case of "red crush" where most everything had a red tint to it and in certain scenes/programs, everyone was severely sunburned and had ugly red lipstick on. The TV didn't have any menu adjustments for Red, Green, Blue adjustment but rather some simple presets (movie, standard, etc.) that did nothing to help. After a single call to Furrion, they authorized a replacement, and Jayco told us to just go pick out one at Best Buy (or elsewhere) and they would reimburse us up to 400.00. We will be turning in the original TV in the spring when we return home.

Second was with our Girard Tankless Water Heater throwing overtemp codes everytime you used the hot water, turned it off, then turned it back on within a short period of time. Worked with Girard directly on this one who not only shipped us a replacement unit with a higher overtemp sensor in it, but paid a mobile RV repair service to swap it out for us. Works great now.

Everything else for the most part are either minor or more "fit and finish" which are quite common types of issues many trailers have. I suggest you strongly heed the advice of others who say to plan on hours, not minutes going over the trailer during your PDI. Tryout and test EVERYTHING, no matter how trivial you may think it is.

One of the more concerning "fit and finish" issues we have is in regards to the spare tire crank. The hole that was cut in the metal skirting does NOT line up at all with the actual crank that sticks thru the frame. In order to drop the spare with the provided crank handle, we have to open the slideout. Otherwise, we crawl underneath with a drill driver to access the spare tire crank directly.

Otherwise, most others are trim and covers not fastened correctly, screen door and pantry door not aligned properly, a couple of air bubbles in the exterior decals, a mar in the paint on an awning arm, sealant around the roof antenna is lacking in a couple of spots, etc. Overall, these things are fairly common and aren't really "problems" but rather items to be addressed when time permits, or within the 2 year warranty window. But again, look and test EVERYTHING!

With this said, in an overall sense, we are extremely happy with our trailer. Our last trailer (Coachmen) was a utter nightmare from day one and we got little to no help from our dealer and/or Coachmen. This time "we chose wisely"!

This part isn't so much about "issues" or "problems" but rather "wishes".

If I had one "nitpick" that I don't like about the 2017 design compared to the 2016, it is in regards to the lack of a powered vent fan in the living area. The vent in the LR is a passive vent with no fan. And with the removal of the window next to the stove that they had in the 2016 330RSTS, there is no easy way to create a "cross breeze" in the trailer and the frameless windows don't help. For now, we are using a tower fan to help circulate the air. Additionally, with the ceilings in the 2017 being 7.25' tall, the crank for that vent lid is 8' easy and I have to either get a step stool or stand on the sofa to open/close the lid. The DW won't even try.

I wish I had inquired if one could be added at the factory but didn't think it would be an issue until we actually lived in the trailer in Florida for a month. I know for a fact that they will add certain "accessories" at the factory because we had slide toppers installed during our build, and which are NOT advertised. I was told they call them "pink list" items. The only way I found out about the slide toppers was that I saw them itemized on a Jayco invoice at another dealership in Pennsylvania that had a 330RSTS for sale. The dealership told me they had never heard of such a thing, but were happy to install the toppers for me at a cost of almost 3000.00. After providing a copy of the Jayco invoice from the other dealership, they called and had them added to my order. My cost? 675.00! So if the powered fan vent and/or slide toppers would be something you think you might want, I would be making some calls to your salesman and/or Jayco to find out. I can't say if the fan is a possibility but the toppers are. And not only would it most likely be cheaper than having the dealership install them afterwards, but would be covered by the factory 2 year warranty as well.

HTH
Old 01-31-2017, 10:51 AM   #17
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by blujay40 View Post
Dang it Crabman, the DW saw THAT post!!!!
Dear Mrs. Blujay, that is for sure a mouse (or mice) hole. Even been confirmed by nambarc.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 11:44 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabman View Post
Dear Mrs. Blujay, that is for sure a mouse (or mice) hole. Even been confirmed by nambarc.
She has now reverted to following the rule of "what you don't see......", stuffed a part of a brillo steel wool pad stuffed in that hole until it's fixed and has moved on!!! LOL
Old 02-01-2017, 07:25 PM   #19

Betty (dw) and I really appreciate the detail info you gave us. This will help us look for these problems. By the way the dealer/ sales person called today. We can expect the trailer at the end of March�� Mind you it was ordered 8/12! We are traded our '06 Jayco 298 BHS. It is in great condition. There were no issues when we picked it up nor are there problems today. We just wanted to move up to a newer and larger trailer, the 330RSTS. We hope that it's all that we expect!
Betty&Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 07:34 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty&Phil View Post
Betty (dw) and I really appreciate the detail info you gave us. This will help us look for these problems. By the way the dealer/ sales person called today. We can expect the trailer at the end of March�� Mind you it was ordered 8/12! We are traded our '06 Jayco 298 BHS. It is in great condition. There were no issues when we picked it up nor are there problems today. We just wanted to move up to a newer and larger trailer, the 330RSTS. We hope that it's all that we expect!
Your welcome. And I think you will be "happy campers" in your 330RSTS.
blujay40 is offline   Reply With Quote