Jayco RV Owners Forum

YES 121 81.76%
NO 9 6.08%
Voters: 148. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-07-2014, 08:43 PM   #51
We previously had a Sunline, which was our first. We were very happy with it but upgraded for more space. This year we have our first Jayco which is brand new and so far we're happy with it. We looked around and found a lot of cheap stuff out there. Lots of eye candy but take time to really look at the features. What got our attention to buy a Jayco was the construction. My husband refused to look at anything unless it had plywood construction. We had water damage in the Sunline (result of defective factory part in shower drain) and the OSB fell apart like wet toilet paper.

When we were looking around we did notice a number of new units (other brands) that didn't even have drawers in the kitchen and ultra limited space for clothing. There are things we have changed and others we will change in time. Nothing is ever perfect but don't compromise on quality of construction. Most anything else can be changed down the road except that.

hfries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 08:06 PM   #52
Originally Posted by snorky1 View Post
No-----because of Schwintek slide issues

Schwintek has been bought out by Lippert. One of the reasons we bought our Jayco was that at the time they didn't use Lippert slides. Sometimes you just can't win. We had Lippert hydraulic slides on our Montana and after having hydraulic problems I wanted to get something different. They are no better or no worse.

2011 Eagle 330RLTS with just about every option.
Dodge SRW 1 ton Cummins powered.

I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote