Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

View Poll Results: WOULD YOU BUY ANOTHER JAYCO
YES 123 82.00%
NO 9 6.00%
MAYBE PLEASE EXPLAIN 18 12.00%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-30-2014, 07:26 PM   #41

Hello
I just bought a 2007 Jayco JF 25 RKS. Any pros or cons please. I miss my recliner and larger living room tv from my other rear living Rockwood so far.
Thanks
Hawg Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 06:06 AM   #42

We are on our second and would most likely look to Jayco for a third if that ever happens.
My wife fell in love with a Retro Trailer made by Riverside RV but it was pricey and didn't seem to have enough storage room. Quality seemed very good though... The trailer cost over 20k and that is very pricey (to us) for a two person trailer...
ooginal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 08:42 AM   #43

I voted maybe as we have are first Jayco loved it at first but we are having some small problems with it and it is only 3 years old( 2011 got new in June of that year)A/C freezes up, nail pops in floor twice (taken care of)now awning issue
MNWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 07:10 PM   #44

Yep, Jayco or even StarCraft for me. Been and crawled through just about every late model TT out there in the search for our next TT and found general construction and trim on these other brands are just not up to par compared to Jayco. Now if my local dealer would just get in a 22FB or 213XB I'd have a new one in my driveway.
exjay1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 07:16 PM   #45

No-----because of Schwintek slide issues
snorky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 07:52 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by snorky1 View Post
Sorry your first post is a negative one.

Give Jayco another chance....
Gerard
glsimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 07:56 PM   #47
Site Team

Would you buy another Jayco

Schwintek slides are a Lippert product and are used on many different brands.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 08:14 PM   #48

Yes, definitely. I would NEVER buy a Forest River product (Rockwood, Flagstaff, other brands) as long as they're owned by Berkshire Hathaway and Warren Buffet. People should read up on what Mr. Buffet does and who he donates to with the profits he earns from his companies' customers.
raising4daughters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 03:53 AM   #49

yes i would and yes i did. we had two pop-ups and now the Jay Flight 22fb. the pop-ups were a 1008dd and 12udk.

2011 GMC Serria Ext Cab LB
2012 Jayflight 22FB
edowsfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 12:40 PM   #50

2 weeks in and have a tear in the shower floor. Some outside trim coming off. Repeated calls to the dealer who USED to answer our calls when we were buying :-) They are ignoring us which is very stupid on their part. We are fairly young and I'm sure we could have provided repeat business and referrals. Anyway there are many things we love about it so far, its just making us uneasy. Hopefully Jayco will treat us right and we can be future customers.
cindytim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 08:43 PM   #51

We previously had a Sunline, which was our first. We were very happy with it but upgraded for more space. This year we have our first Jayco which is brand new and so far we're happy with it. We looked around and found a lot of cheap stuff out there. Lots of eye candy but take time to really look at the features. What got our attention to buy a Jayco was the construction. My husband refused to look at anything unless it had plywood construction. We had water damage in the Sunline (result of defective factory part in shower drain) and the OSB fell apart like wet toilet paper.

When we were looking around we did notice a number of new units (other brands) that didn't even have drawers in the kitchen and ultra limited space for clothing. There are things we have changed and others we will change in time. Nothing is ever perfect but don't compromise on quality of construction. Most anything else can be changed down the road except that.
hfries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 08:06 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by snorky1 View Post

Schwintek has been bought out by Lippert. One of the reasons we bought our Jayco was that at the time they didn't use Lippert slides. Sometimes you just can't win. We had Lippert hydraulic slides on our Montana and after having hydraulic problems I wanted to get something different. They are no better or no worse.
Life in the slow lane is still life.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote