Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-28-2014, 06:08 PM   #1

X23B Bathroom Vent Fan

Hello everyone. I wanted to ask a question about the bathroom vent. Searches came up with few results on the combination of words I used.

The screen clips in our X23b recently decided to all break off. So, wanting this for a while, we decided to upgrade the fan to a MaxxAir 4500. We chose something that is stronger than stock. Has anyone installed this type in their Jayco? Anything to look out for?

Thanks for the time.

-David
Dzombek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 06:36 PM   #2

Welcome to the forum! My 23B came from the factory (I assume) with a high volume fan in the bathroom. The blade is probably 12" in diameter and man does it move some air!!
Old 07-28-2014, 07:22 PM   #3

Have not replaced the screen on a 23b bath fan ,but i purchased a new screen for real reasonable price from etrailer.com
2006 JAYCO JAY FEATHER 23B EXP
EQUILIZER HITCH
Kellys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 09:25 PM   #4

yeah, the plastic clips on my original bath fan nearly all broke off eventually as well. Recently upgraded to a Vortex I fan and am so pleased with it... it really moves a lot of air!
Old 08-01-2014, 05:09 PM   #5

Thanks for the replies. I am planning on putting the fan in this weekend. I am a little nervous because, well I know how delicate some of the parts are on campers and don't want to screw it up. Seems very very simple. And I can't wait for the increase in the volume of air it can move.

I bought the lapsealent but a friend gave me some eternabond which I am considering using. I am going to call the dealer tomorrow and make sure there isn't any issues with using the eternabond product. If there is not this should be a simple and clean install.

Happy Camping.
-David
Old 08-12-2014, 11:59 AM   #6

So wanted to let you know. The fan went in without too many issues. The hardest part of this install was to clean up the old lap sealant. Not sure I used the right product to clean it up but overall it just took time. I used one tube of sealant so I think I will go up there to inspect now that it's fully cured. The other option I had was to use eternabond but decided to follow the recommended instructions on this install.

I attached some images of the install.

We did have a chance to test out the fan this weekend and all I can say is that it works very well!!! Even our outside screens were filled with bugs and stuff being sucked into the camper

Over all very happy with our Maxxfan 4500k

-David
Attached Thumbnails
photo 1.jpg   photo 2.jpg   photo 3.jpg   photo 4.jpg