Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-13-2012, 06:30 PM   #1

"Y" adapter for LP Quick Connect on 314BDS

Hi.

I just purchased a rear bumper mount arm for my OEM grill that came with my 314BDS. This will allow me to mount to BBQ back by the outdoor kitchen.

Here is my question - is it possible to 'Y' off of the rear LP quick connect on the back to run both the stove and the BBQ at the same time?

I cannot seem to find the hardwar to do this.

Will there be enough propane flow to run both?

Thanks!
pbohart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 06:49 PM   #2

Can't you just run a hose from your quick connect that is located about in the middle on the door side back under the TT and connect it to the grill?
No TV since Tundra can't do it

krackeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 07:37 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by krackeer View Post
Can't you just run a hose from your quick connect that is located about in the middle on the door side back under the TT and connect it to the grill?
I could! And I will if I cannot find a Y adapter. If a Y can be used (and if an adapter can be found) then that would be a much simpler solution (would result in about 10 feet less of hose needed).
Old 09-17-2012, 12:57 PM   #4

ok...here is an update. I think I have the plan.

The quick connect fittings on your Jayco Eagle are non-standard. They are proprietary for RV LP use only. As such, the fittings can only be found at a limited number of places online. They are not available at HW stores, or even Gas and Grill stores.

I was able to find them at Recreation Nation: https://recreationnation.me/main

Here is what I ordered:

For the "T" adapter to turn my single LP Quick Connect port into a dual port:

2 female quick connect fittings: https://recreationnation.me/main/con...ut-14fpt-inlet
1 maile quick connect fitting: https://recreationnation.me/main/node/3426
1 Brass "T" fitting: http://www.quadratec.com/products/92042_9131.htm

I also purchased an 8 foot hose with one end male, and one end female to connect the "T" adapter to my grill. I will use the OEM hose to connect the 'T' adapter to my stove.

I will let you know how it goes!
Old 09-17-2012, 07:28 PM   #5

The brass tee and Quick connection valve is incorrect in size at 1/4 FPT (Female Pipe Thread).Your unit has 1/2 black pipe which you can purchase at any hardware store. You will need to find another supplier with 1/2 FPT valve to add with your exisiting one. Try Tweety's for it. All the propane quick disconnects are interchangable. I bought an extension hose online and variuos members here have had local propane suppliers make up their hoses.

Keep in mind that runs over 12-15 ft of the 1/4 extension hose will lower the BTU's since it is low pressure and after the regulator. Maybe I am mis-interpretting your use of the tee but if you try to run both items simutaniously on the flexible hose after the quick connect it will not give you what you want due to low flow. Having two quick connects under your coach will be the way to go.

http://tweetys.com/lp-hose-kit-valve.aspx

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:54 PM   #6

Thanks 3's. I just thought about it and creating a "Y" with quick connects is going to be a pain.

I am just going to move the quick connect from mid-coach to the back. I am going to unscrew the mid-coach quick connect, cap the line, then put a black pipe "T" on the end of the rear pipe and add the quick connect there. I will then just create a longer hose using the fittings on the OEM hose supplied by Jayco.

I think that will work better in the long run.