Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-08-2016, 02:07 PM   #11
Originally Posted by WVDusty View Post
I agree 100% and if a manufacturer could build a PERFECT unit most of us "THE END USER" could not afford to purchase one.
Great point, haven't moved into a perfect apartment or home in my lifetime either!

Tom & Kat 36 Years strong!
2001 Tundra SR5 I Force V-8
2015 Jay Flight 24FBS
"Gonna buy a home on wheels see
how it feels going mobile"
mothernaturesson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 02:12 PM   #12
Originally Posted by mothernaturesson View Post
LOL- to be honest a case of coke got ours, so I shouldn't have even mentioned that, it kind of slipped my mind, but definitely is on the check list now!!
Sad part is she did it TWICE! Luckily I hadn't fixed the trim from the FIRST time. When we got home after the second time I went looking for solutions. I thought about putting a warning on a string and attaching it to one of the screws on the switch. I thought about getting a piece of flexible plastic and fixing it over the switch so you would have to physically move it to operate the switch. Like I said before, I even thought about putting one of those switches with a cover on it in place of the original rocker switch. In the end a blue smiley face sticker won out.

And honestly, the blue smiley has already saved ME from making the same mistake once! DW doesn't know that though! LOL!

2014 Jay Flight 28 BHBE
2015 RAM 2500 6.4L HEMI, Tradesman 4x4, 3.73
Blue Ox SwayPro (BXW 1503)

Upgraded from an REI internal frame backpack and a Eureka 1/2 dome tent!
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 02:58 PM   #13
I think you are among the majority. Very few people talk about the good, they only complain about the bad.
PINNACLE 2015 38FLSA. aka: "Roam Sweet Home"
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 04:24 AM   #14
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
I think you are among the majority. Very few people talk about the good, they only complain about the bad.

Our experience with the White Hawk was similar to yours. So far so good with the Eagle, but it's probably too early to tell as, other than setting her up in the driveway, we haven't used her yet. Can't wait for spring!
Rob & Kelly, Bella & Brady (Miniature Schnauzers)
2016 Eagle 323LKTS
2016 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD
2015 White Hawk 29REKS Summit Edition (Traded)
robkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 05:35 AM   #15
We have had no major issues with our 24FSB purchased in August. Only 3 outings 10 nights. No major issues. Slide window was missing the rivet on the arm, small bolt fixed that. The Velcro in the dinette seat doesn't match the Velcro on the back and bottom, also easy fix.otherwise, we love it.
2014 Hemi with tow package
2015 Jay Flight 24FBS
Woodstock GA.
pmames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 07:29 AM   #16
You can count me among those who are extremely happy with their Jayco. I bought my Eagle TT 2 years ago, and have been full timing in it for 1-1/2 years. In all that time, I've had a few things come loose, fall off, or break: FW overflow tubes siphoned 1/3 of the water from my tanks, so I added some barbed hose fittings & shut-off valves; the tie-down straps kept coming loose from the skirting, so I replaced the self-tapping screws with stainless steel bolts & lock nuts; the bathroom sink drain came loose, so I re-tightened it; the shower head broke, so I replaced it; the center pin came out of the RCA plug on my TV Video IN cord, so I picked up a non-solder plug at Radio Shack and replaced it; my CO/Propane detector kept going off, one of the elect. ignition wires on my cook top had a break in it, and the cords on 2 of my window shades broke - dealer took care of these three items under warranty. THAT'S IT! No leaks; no slide problems; no electrical problems; no appliance problems; not even any paint fading on my front cap!
Of course, I've had my bone-head moments like everybody else, and frankly, they've cost me more money than any manufacturer's problems. But that's the price of admission to this wonderful life-style. (And, hopefully, I've learned something along the way.)

As a full timer, I'd say my trailer gets 3-10 times the use of the average "recreational" RV. So after the equivalent of 5 - 10 years of normal RV use, I'm sold on Jayco!
2013 Eagle 266RKS
2011 Ford F-150 w/3.5L Ecoboost & H.D. Tow Package
Brownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 09:34 AM   #17
Just 3 months short of five years and I can only recall 3 minor issues and three slightly larger issues. Sadly, the three larger ones were of my own doing.
'11 Eagle 320RLDS
'02 F350 PSD Dually 4WD
DW's Ride, '13 Expedition
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 09:58 AM   #18
We are 1.5 yrs into our TT and other than some fit & finish issues at the beginning, nothing significant to report. The typical FW siphon was cured. Mouse intrusion was also minor. Dealer gave me a pair of low point drains as they would leak periodically. I replaced the shower head with one that has a shutoff valve. i found a sloppy connection on the slide motor and had to add some insulation/stuffy around the fresh water tanks when i had the underbelly down to seal up mouse entry. Overall, minor issues and very happy with out TT.
Happy Camping
'07 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD XC LB SRW 4X2.
Powerstop Brakes on all corners.
'15 JayFlight 28BHBE Elite Fibreglass
Andersen Hitch.
'07 Northern Lite 10-2RR Camper.
Northern Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 11:55 AM   #19
We had a very good first season and I would have to say that our smaller, entry-level unit appears to have done fairly well. No major problems just a few minor issues - a small leak in a line for the hot water tank, a burned out LED fixture, a sticky valve/regulator for the fridge propane and some water in the enclosed underbelly when it rained. All taken care of promptly and under warranty with no hassle. None caused us any issue on the road.

Other minor items that I've just fixed myself included replacing the hinges at the head of the bed and replacing the stripped wood screws on the plumbing access panel with blind nuts. I've also added a fridge vent fan, gas struts for the underbed storage, better support for the propane tank and a MaxxAir vent cover. Being new to trailer camping this forum has been an invaluable resource so thanks to all who've contributed to our success

We put almost 4000 miles on the trailer and have close to 6000 miles planned for the upcoming season. Overall we are quite happy with Jayco and how our unit is doing.
TT: 2015 Jay Flight SLX 195RB Baja Edition
TV: 2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn CC, 5.7L Hemi, 3.21, Factory Air Suspension/Tow Pkg, Andersen WD/SC
ttavasc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 01:10 PM   #20
Add me to the list of satisfied owners. Have had 2 Jayco's for a total of 4+ years. Each has had some very minor finish items that I fixed myself, the first had the Jensen DVD/CD replaced. But other than that it has been available and ready for all that we can throw at it.

2007 Chevy Duramax LMM/Allison
2012 Jay Flight 29QBH
2012 Jay Flight 26BH (Sold)
clubhouse is online now   Reply With Quote