Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-05-2017, 09:53 AM   #1

1991 j-series 1406 deluxe help

I recently purchased and I'm having a hard time finding out any information on it. I've noticed the black water tank for the shower stall is cracked and can't seem to find one also when looking at the trailer I don't see a gray water tank for the sink. Also how do I get access to the winch when the shower stall Basin is in the way? This is the familys upgrade away from tents and can't wait to use all of the amenities it has. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've also heard that you can replace the hand crank with an electric witch, has anybody done this successfully
Cj4now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 11:49 AM   #2

Both shower and sink are considered grey water. Only toilets go to a black tank. However, some pup sinks also drain out a port on the sidewall or floor of the trailer. If it isn't plumbed to the tank, there should be another outlet that you can hook up to a standard garden hose and appropriate receptacle.

Not sure about your specific model for winch location and access.
bankr63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 06:48 PM   #3

I just purchased a 1996 Jayco 1406. I had to access the winch to reconnect a cable and I had to remove the panel in the shower to get access. It’s a pain to have to do and it looks like I’m not the first person to do it which has me a bit concerned. The cable is now working and I’m tweaking the o-hooks so all the lifts raise to a similar height. Soon I can move on to other repairs!
jillapollo is offline   Reply With Quote