Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-02-2013, 12:23 PM   #1

2001 Heritage Potomac wire and converter questions

I new to This forum and to PUPS I bought the 2001 Potomac not knowing the problems it had. (not educated on this) But I'm DIY. I recently came off a short trip and set it up to dry from the rain. Raised the roof and set the sink where the cutoff switch is and had no 12v overhead. Forums helped me to figure a wire has come loose from the switch pigtail under the sink. I've lost the connecting (hot I think) wire and have not been able to find if anywhere. If anyone out there has an an idea where the connecting wire may have slid to or where it may be reconnected, PLEASE let me know. Note all fuses good and have checked for power at them.

Also reading through the forum about converters... is there a problem if I have to plug in to shore line to have the 12v lighting to operate with the battery connected. I've also noticed that I have never heard or seen the converter fan blow (Centurion CS2000)
Thanks in advance!!!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0255.jpg   IMG_0256.jpg  
charliej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 12:51 PM   #2

I don't know about the wiring problem you have, except to say that you might try looking on the underside to see if the wires are run through conduit.

Battery wise though.. you say this is a new to you camper. Is the battery from the previous owner?

Start with the basics: you're going to need a voltmeter to play along.
1) With the battery disconnected from everything, "fully charged", it should have over 12 volts. If you don't have 12+ volts, you need to try charging it. You can do this yourself if you have a "trickle" charger, I have one for my motorcycles. Or you can take it to any automotive type store and they can charge / test it for you.

If the battery takes a charge and holds it fine, you might look into whether your tow vehicle is charging the battery. Hook it up, start your vehicle, check for voltage at the vehicle battery. Then check for a similar voltage at the camper battery. Recently my friend towed my camper.. he had no voltage on his 7 pin connector. Luckily I had the battery charged previously, so we just didn't hook it up till we got camping.

If the battery, after charging, cannot hold 12+ volts it's time to replace it.
Old 10-02-2013, 03:19 PM   #3

Matt,
Thanks for the feedback. I was able to get a schematic for 12v from Jayco. I found the "purple wire" which had pulled loose and was lost in the box. (had to go fishing). The overhang lights now work. As for the converter and charging. The battery seems good but you never know from the other stuff I found bad. I did assume that the 12v system should run with a low battery at least for a short while. It's no dice without electric hookup. I'll have to get back with more details after I do other necessary work.
Thanks A bunch!! Charlie
charliej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2022, 05:13 PM   #4

You can find Centurion CS 2000/3000 wiring diagram from Coleman Pop-up Parts at https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/02...012218-004.pdf
Gopher Baroque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 07:17 AM   #5

Great info ... but a 9-year bump on the thread? That's impressive
Gornado81 is offline   Reply With Quote