Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-07-2013, 07:52 PM   #1

2002 Quest 10x awning question

I just brought a 2002 quest 10x and the one thing that the seller could not show me was how the awning sets up. He only used it once. Their are 6 poles that are all the same length and a solid pole at the end of the awning furthest away from the body. Their was no obvious connecting points on the end of the poles as it relates to tying them in to the awning and connecting to the camper body.

I'm guessing 3 poles are used in the roof structure (two on the ends and one in the middle) and the other three are upright supports that align with the roof support poles.

My problem is none of the ends of the poles have obvious connectors. Their are rubber stoppers on some of the ends of the poles. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
3grymes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:18 PM   #2

Ok...I'll give a stab a trying to at least identify stuff and give you some general ideas.

You have two sets of poles- Horizontal and Vertical. One 'header pole' (as I call it) that goes in the awning itself to attach everything to.

Horizontal poles- 3 spring-loaded poles with rubber stoppers (to prevent damage to the campers' surface) on one end and a plastic 'pole pin' on the other- basically a plastic bayonet piece.

Vertical poles- 3 twist-lock poles with rubber stoppers on one end, and a square plastic piece with a hole in it on the other.

Header pole- Should be a 3 piece assembly (I duct-taped mine together- 1 less thing I gotta put together). 3 holes- one at each end, one in the middle.

The first time you attempt to set the awning up, do it with the camper closed- Its ten times easier.

Instead of confusing the hell out of you trying to tell you how to set the awning up, look for a related video on You-tube for awning set up, there's one there somewhere.

2009 JKU TV (Its a Jeep thing...you wouldn't understand!)
2000 Quest 8U PUP
Tyreguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 07:40 PM   #3

Thanks for the help
3grymes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:10 AM   #4

Goodluck. I bought a 2010 jayco 1207 and didn't know anything about popups and was concerned about putting it up. Well ended up only taking 15 minutes to set up camper but an hour and a half to figure out the awning poles. Lol
blakers213 is offline   Reply With Quote