Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-21-2013, 07:24 PM   #1

2010 Jayco Jay Series 806 - Never Titled - Brand New...

So...

I was in a search of a very light PUP, for my wife's Subaru Outback or for my Subaru XV Crosstrek. After researching the Net, I figured on a Coleman/Fleetwood Graphite, Cobalt, or Taos were my best bet. Looked at a few but could not believe the prices that used Pop Ups were commanding.

At any rate, I had been scouring the Net for about a month and read where a comparable PUP to the Colemans' for lightweight and small was a Jayco 806...

So my search started again, ....One night, I found a great deal, a couple of states over. I found a leftover 2010 Jayco Jay Series 806. Therefore, I would get Jayco's full warranty, with their lifetime on some things - since I would be the original owner. So after a week of bartering back and forth we cam to a deal, since the really wanted to let go of it. I know it doesn't mean much but the MSRP sticker for the unit was just under 10K.

However, I did get a great deal on it; I was able to get it for $5K; whereas I have been seeing used 2010s going for more than that.

... And since they really wanted to move this 2010, I was also able to work a deal and have electric brakes added and they have to change out the hubs and everything, a curt Class III Hitch, Ball mount, a Prodigy P2 Brake Controller, Hard wiring the car for the hitch and brake controller, The Battery and Box, a Coleman POLAR CUB 9200btu LOW PROFILE RV Air Conditioner with Heat and its ceiling attachment, and even the two little stick-on levelers ... All bartered at dealer cost $1500 for everything with install...

I look forward to showing you all some pics, once I pick her up. I scheduled it for mid March to allow them time to order all my extras and rework the axle...
4wallcamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:40 PM   #2

Sounds like a great deal, Jayco builds a solid popup, we had a 1207 and used it quite a bit. Enjoy your new 806!
2011 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Z71 CC 6.0L/3.73
ITBC
Reese "Pro Series" 800lb Trunnion WDH w/sway control
amabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:41 PM   #3

Congratulations and happy camping!

Tracy from Central PA

2010 Jayco 17Z Ex-Port
2004 Ford Explorer V8 with the tow package
2010 Camping Stats
Nights Camping 132 - Nights Camping in My Z 102
2011 Camping Stats
Nights Camping 107
2012 Camping Stats
Nights camping 133 - Nights camping in my Z 128
2013 Camping Stats
Nights Camping 66 Nights
tlhdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:26 PM   #4

4wallcamping--- I'm going to call you the next time I buy TT, granted the guy wanted to get rid of it but still !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Larry
Old 02-26-2013, 04:06 PM   #5
Site Team

Welcome and enjoy the new popup!
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:49 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19H F250 View Post
4wallcamping--- I'm going to call you the next time I buy TT, granted the guy wanted to get rid of it but still !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Larry
:hihi: I have bought, sold, and traded more than 30 plus vehicles in my lifetime, actually just got back from Colorado Springs CO to buy my current car, a 1,000 miles each way... I go for the deals; no matter where they are at. My four grown kids, still call me on their car deals.

Dealer was great, kind of laughed when at the end of our week's negotiations I asked for the two little sticky levelers installed and that I wanted them caulked. What are they a $5.00 item? I teach my children, you won't know unless you ask.
4wallcamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:16 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4wallcamping View Post
:hihi: I have bought, sold, and traded more than 30 plus vehicles in my lifetime, actually just got back from Colorado Springs CO to buy my current car, a 1,000 miles each way... I go for the deals; no matter where they are at. My four grown kids, still call me on their car deals.

Dealer was great, kind of laughed when at the end of our week's negotiations I asked for the two little sticky levelers installed and that I wanted them caulked. What are they a $5.00 item? I teach my children, you won't know unless you ask.
I LOVE it! I think you and I might have been separated at birth?! My wife refuses to go with me when I'm "working the deal" ever since I spent 12 hours dealing on a car. She now just shows up to sign the papers. But you're absolutely right, they won't throw it in, buuuuut, if you ask......

And 4wallcamping, that is a sweet deal you got on your camper. Hope you enjoy it!
"God looks out for the stupid, so I keep Him pretty busy"

2005 Dodge 2500 Diesel in proper Purdue gold and black (the Coally Roller)
2013 Jayco Swift 264BH
Soulman is offline   Reply With Quote