Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-10-2013, 06:49 AM   #1

2014 Jayco 12BS new user questions

Well after much research and going back and forth with some dealers I finally put the money down on a custom Jayco 12BS, as I was wanting a compact but usable pop-up with a shower and toilet and the 12BS fit the size and bill. I was trying to do some other research on the 12BS, but i could not locate any subject about the 12BS in this 'Jayco Pop Up Campers' forum area.
Has anybody had any experience with a Jayco 12BS with the slide that comes with the shower and toilet in it? This is my first RV and so I am the newbie with questions. I have read several RV tips and other related newbie articles, but was more trying to find specific information about current Jayco 12BS users to give me and others any ideas or comments on this trailer.
My wife and I are looking forward to this new adventure and hope this forum can help with some tips, advice and suggestions.
JTKSJAYCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 11:46 AM   #2

I have no idea what a 12BS is, but we had a 2010 model 1206. it was a very nice set up. after 2 yrs we decided we wanted to go back to a TT.
but the 1206 is I think one of the best camping popups out there. just try and have an idea of where your travels and stays might be w/it.
it could become too small in a hurry or just might not meet your needs. think it through. again, it is a very nice set up.
sorry, looks like the 12BS is a smaller version of the 1206. just went to the site. looks nice!
LBL 1206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 04:47 PM   #3

I have a 2010 141j

Huge pup, dinette slide, toilet and shower, although it's a high wall.

Any specific questions?

By the way, I looked yours up online, nice camper! Might ne our next.
2005 Jayco 1007 - 2007 - 2012
2010 Jayko 141J - 2012 -
Jayko 141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 04:52 PM   #4
Site Team

Welcome to the forum! It could be that is a newer model and very few folks have one yet.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 04:52 PM   #5

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	9935Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	9787

As you can see from the floor plan, we have similar campers , same options.
2005 Jayco 1007 - 2007 - 2012
2010 Jayko 141J - 2012 -
Jayko 141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 06:33 PM   #6

We purchased the 12 BS brand new this past summer, as it was the only popup that would both fit in our garage and have the slide out dinette AND shower/toilet. Did you also purchase this model? I was wondering because I am not sure if it is just us, but we have had several quality/build issues with ours. We liked the size and layout for the compact size, and I am not sure if it is just bad luck or an overall issue with this model. There were some more cosmetic issues on the inside, but the biggest issue we had is on our first trip. The bolts that hold the spare tire to the back of the camper sheared off and left the spare dragging on the freeway. Unfortunately nobody alerted us and we didn't realize this had happened and backed into a spot to park. As we parked, the concrete was a bit uneven and the spare tire crumpled up underneath, bending the bumper, and damaged the back side of the camper.

We just recently had all of this repaired and went on our second trip this weekend, only to have someone tell us on the freeway that our spare was dragging in the road yet AGAIN! I believe this is a design flaw as it seems to need more reinforcement in the area where it is attached. If you bottom out with the bumper at all it will put stress on these bolts and probably weaken them or create this issue. I am about to call Jayco this week again to discuss the problem and put it on file. We are about to just throw the spare in the back of the pickup so we don't have to deal with it anymore, but I really find this frustrating on a BRAND NEW camper! :-P BTW, if you have any questions otherwise, I would be happy to try and give you info!
Mirm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 04:16 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTKSJAYCO View Post
Well after much research and going back and forth with some dealers I finally put the money down on a custom Jayco 12BS, as I was wanting a compact but usable pop-up with a shower and toilet and the 12BS fit the size and bill. I was trying to do some other research on the 12BS, but i could not locate any subject about the 12BS in this 'Jayco Pop Up Campers' forum area.
Has anybody had any experience with a Jayco 12BS with the slide that comes with the shower and toilet in it? This is my first RV and so I am the newbie with questions. I have read several RV tips and other related newbie articles, but was more trying to find specific information about current Jayco 12BS users to give me and others any ideas or comments on this trailer.
My wife and I are looking forward to this new adventure and hope this forum can help with some tips, advice and suggestions.
Welcome to the forum! Seeing as you are self-proclaimed noob, get yourself a composition book or the like and start logging all your new adventures! Include all the details like what site you stayed on, the weather, what you fixed for dinner, activities, etc.. Makes for some good reading in the non-camping months...I wish I had kept a log from when I first started camping.