Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-17-2016, 09:23 AM   #1

2017 Jay series?

Looking for information for the new 2017 Jayco camping trailers (popups).

I have only found info for the sport series. Has Jayco discontinued the Jay series?

I understood that they previously sold the sport series as an economy line. I heard that the sport line was more of a Starcraft camper than it was a Jayco.

It would be a shame if they reduced their popup offerings to only their economy line.

Does anyone know what they are doing with their popups?
JaycoBud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 09:40 AM   #2

Looks like Jay Sport is it. Marketability is what determines what they sell. And I know pop-ups don't sell like they did 20 years ago. Although our last trip was a little over a week ago and there must have been 10-12 pup-ups in the CG we were at. Haven't seen that many pop-ups in one place in a long time.
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 12:12 PM   #3

I bought a 2017 10SD this spring. From what I was told, the two lines were combined.

Mine came with a furnace, fridge, sink, stove, wireless electric lift and water tank. The lift might have been an option and I opted for the fold out couch instead of the cabinet.

Fairly happy all said and done, but I've gotta say that if it weren't for the warranty, I'd have no reason to buy a Jayco over the cheaper options. Definitely some places where they cheaped out on the construction.
TriumphGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 10:50 PM   #4

Jayco past and present

I am very happy with the construction of my 2008 Pup, which is one of the reasons I replaced my older Starcraft with a Jayco. I am disappointed that their current offerings are so limited. My pup is two years away from the Ten Year Old rule. I hope someone continues to make a quality pup with a reasonable suite of options. I prefer to tow my pup over larger/taller options. Is there a significant downward trend in the popularity of pups?
pop up pilot is offline   Reply With Quote