Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-08-2017, 08:04 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSCinci2005 View Post
Alright so I took the camper into the dealer today.. it turned out to be a bad fuse in the converter and a bad cell in the new battery. So that's fixed but in the process of testing it out the roof gets stuck all the way up and I found a one inch slice in one of the bunk tents so it's staying at the dealer until they fix everything and give me the trailer I paid for! So frustrating.
End of round one, round two has begun - The fuse can happen, but on ours, the fuses were popping due to poor wiring connections and poor grounding. See how it goes. If the trouble resumes, you know that you will need to go through the wiring and grounds yourself. It did not take us long, in our RV ownership, to determine that the dealer is the last alternative on our list, especially with wiring (same as automobiles, maybe worse). You may have an extra wonderful (knowledgeable, experienced, and honest) tech; I have heard that they exist. The work is not difficult; it is tedious and time consuming which is why most dealers do not do a good job for you.

I know all about wanting it handled "under warranty." Try to get what you can out of them while you have the warranty. But have your eyes wide open about the reality that most dealers and service operations will not do the job half as well (if at all) as you will do. Plus, when you do the work yourself, you learn about your camper and gain valuable skills and knowledge that will serve you many times over. We celebrate when our warranties expire, when we become free to get the job done right and well ourselves and not lose tons of time and experience the frustration and disappointment that the dealers and manufacturers provide. It does not get much more frustrating than jumping through all of the dealer and warranty hoops only to find that the work was not done, was done poorly, and/or their "fix" created more problems.

Also, let us know how the tent repair goes. I have a lot of experience with that as well. They may need to replace it for you. We hope this trip is all you need. Keep us posted. Lots of us on this forum will be glad to help you!

FeatherFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 08:35 AM   #12

Thanks for the info I'm usually one to do everything myself as well but only having the camper for 2 weeks I figure it shouldn't have any problems I'm hoping as soon as the canvas is replaced and the roof motor is fixed everything will be ok and I can get to enjoying it.

JSCinci2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 12:41 PM   #13

So turns out the switch was the culprit it was sticking and shorting out and is being replaced also they are going to replace all of the tenting on the camper because of the whole in the front bunk which I'm a little hesitant about but it will all be new and nothing will be patched. Here's to hoping 5 to 6 weeks goes by quickly so I can get my camper back to brand new instead of dealing with a bunch of issues.
JSCinci2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 08:01 AM   #14

Glad to know that you got it working. If trouble brews again, check the items that I mentioned. Been there, seen it, and fixed it. Now it is time to camp and enjoy! Congratulations on your new toy!

FeatherFam is offline   Reply With Quote