Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-24-2017, 09:39 PM   #1

Smile a few pictures of our PUP

Got it set up to clean it all out today. Second owner of this 2008 1007 jay series. I Can not WAIT to take it camping next weekend. The first owners only used it 4 times, parts were still wrapped in plastic!
3 things aren't working, 1 the outdoor shower, when I turn it on it just blows all the water inside.. ( so much fun cleaning that today.) 2 the water heater wouldn't light. (but in Texas, that wont be a problem for a while.)
oh and 3.. the water storage tank was just pouring water out when I tried to fill it. the nozzles to close it off were broken off under.
Jetsers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 09:44 PM   #2

It looks great! Make any decisions on a bike hauling system yet? Also, I could only get 4 of 9 pics to show on tapatalk.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Jerry B.
"Stateboy" (Formerly "36fire412")
SW Lower Michigan
2016 X254
2012 Toyota Tundra Crewmax TRD 4x4
stateboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 09:57 PM   #3

only 4 pictures.
and I plan on getting this that I think you recommended.
But we are going to wait until our next trip out in a month. First trip we will keep the bikes in the xterra.
Old 06-26-2017, 03:14 PM   #4

When my FW drain tap broke off I finally took the opportunity to have it moved. The original spin on spigot on the tank was near impossible to reach, so had it extended out with a piece of hose to a new tap on the side frame of the unit. Wondered why I hadn't done that years ago! Easy fix.

Have fun with the new pup!
bankr63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 08:33 PM   #5

Congrats and enjoy! We always had so much fun with our tent trailer. We have graduated to what we call glamping in our new to us jayco jayflight 25rks. I hope you have many years of good times.
Cranetech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 10:19 PM   #6

I miss our PUP. When we camped with friends who have much larger 5th wheels, we always ended up sitting in our around the PUP. I guess that was because even someone inside could converse with someone outside.
Popcycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 09:40 PM   #7

Woohoo made it to camp and at up safely.
Old 06-30-2017, 11:19 AM   #8

Enjoy your long weekend!
bankr63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 06:36 AM   #9

Sweet.......and the things you've found that aren't working properly are easy fixes.

The outside shower thing sounds like you might have a blocked nozzle hose or the shower head.....if the housing was cracked or you had a loose fitting you'd have water inside any time the lines were pressurized. Insects love the outside shower nozzle...convenient water supply.

The water heater - check the orifice and pilot light for a mud dobbers nest. Texas, sitting unused, mud dobbers......it's like a welcome home sign put out for dobbers.

My water valve wasn't broken off , but it was a reach under the trailer to operate it. I extended mine to the edge of the frame with about $10 worth of materials from Ace Hardware.

We have a 1206 PUP and I love it. Wife and I lived in it for 4 months while renovating (gutting) the inside of our home. Wife hasn't been real anxious to go back camping just yet (lawyer and in court every day, so 4 months wasn't all that fun for her).....but I love getting away for a weekend or in the middle of the week for my fly fishing camp outs anytime..........the joys of being retired.

Jayco Jay Series 1206
Dodge Ram 1500, Hemi
Lifespalette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 11:52 AM   #10

a few pictures of our PUP

We have a 2011 model 1007, purchased new.

It can be hard to tell when the water heater has actually lit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
morcguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 01:02 PM   #11

Thanks for all the positive info!
We had a blast, and it was the most relaxing week I can remember.
I did get a dauber nest out of the hot water heater, but then never needed to light it for hot water.
As for the tank, I will get that looked at soon, thankfully most of the places we go have hook ups.
Just about 1 month until trip number 2. Sadly this one will only be 2 nights instead of 6.

Also, wow did we over pack. I could have brought half of what I did, but being the first time out, I had parts and tools to attempt to replace anything that broke.
Old 07-06-2017, 09:02 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetsers View Post
Thanks for all the positive info!
We had a blast, and it was the most relaxing week I can remember.
I did get a dauber nest out of the hot water heater, but then never needed to light it for hot water.
As for the tank, I will get that looked at soon, thankfully most of the places we go have hook ups.
Just about 1 month until trip number 2. Sadly this one will only be 2 nights instead of 6.

Also, wow did we over pack. I could have brought half of what I did, but being the first time out, I had parts and tools to attempt to replace anything that broke.
We're leaving in a week to camp at three different sites over nine days (three days at each site, two on Lake Michigan and one on Lake Superior). It will be about 850 miles on the M-1007 and I'm sure a hundred or more on the van after each camp is set up.

So far, I've traveled about 700 miles with the camper on tires that look new but I can't seem to find a date stamp on them (but I haven't checked the back side of the tires yet).

If you use the water heater, I would suggest buying an extra nylon drain plug or two at ACE Hardware (or equivalent). I'll send you a pic of the package they come in so you don't have to take yours in to match. I stripped (crossthreaded) mine trying to put it back in (even being careful - I did tool and die work for four years). I bought two. [emoji2]

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Jerry B.
"Stateboy" (Formerly "36fire412")
SW Lower Michigan
2016 X254
2012 Toyota Tundra Crewmax TRD 4x4
stateboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1007, 2008, jay series