Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-18-2014, 10:09 AM   #1

Angry Alaska trip

I just got back from taking my grandson to Alaska. I used to live up there and he wanted to go north of the arctic circle. We camped the entire trip in my 1995 model 1206 Jayco popup and we covered 10,550 miles in 21 days from Delaware to the arctic circle, around Alaska and back. Problems you ask? We had two blowouts but thankfully I had brought three spares. A severely worn tire on the inside edge of the one tire that made the whole trip and the gravel roads punched two large holes in the gray water holding tank and a cracked windshield on my new F-150. Glad we didn't have to go any further! Thing is the beds were really comfortable and the furnace worked well. I'll post a picture or two later.
Mickey
Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 01:56 PM   #2

Sounds like you should have put a smiley face on the title of the post instead of an angry frown. For the mileage and conditions you were in I think your trip was a success!!
Old 08-18-2014, 02:43 PM   #3

I have no idea how that face got there. I didn't do it. I just typed up the message and hit "submit".
I agree, it was a great trip
Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote