Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-19-2015, 11:27 PM   #1

Bedslide Replacement on 1994 Jayco 1006

We purchased a used 94 pup a few weeks back, and in getting it cleaned up ran into problems sliding out the front bed (longest bed) due to a pretty bent up bedslide / bed steel combo. I found a local source for the replacement slides, but am wondering if this is a DIY type of thing? How hard is it to replace a bedslide assembly? I'm a pop-up newbie, but can't justify the local RV dealer hourly rate which is astronomical. BTW I can replace a radiator or change out a furnace filter so I'm not completely worthless with a wrench . Advice welcome...
Attached Thumbnails
bedslide-01.jpg   bedslide-02.jpg  
Nightfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 11:33 PM   #2

Welcome to the forum.

Sorry. I can't help with your problem, but there are others on here with trailers like yours. Hopefully one of them will have something for you.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 04:17 AM   #3

welcome Sir, I just traded in my 93 Eagle 10 PUP. I wish I can help you more but I can't. However even if you have to pay the dealer it should a quick job. It is worth the investment to have it fixed properly. Over the time that I owned my 93 PUP I spent a grand total of $300 on a single repair(not bad for the unit being 22 yrs. old!!!). JAYCO makes a solid pop up and if that's the only investment you have to make in repairs it would be well worth it. I had to upgrade and traded my PUP in to meet new family needs. Whoever the new owner is they will have many more years of service out of my old PUP because JAYCO makes excellent pop up!!!
jkochmit1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 11:15 AM   #4

Noone out there has run into having to replace bedslides??
Old 03-21-2015, 11:36 AM   #5

I've never done it, but it seems pretty straightforward from the comments that I found.

I did the Google for you. I'm guessing the design hasn't changed significantly over the years.

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f8...7-a-15594.html

Jayco (Most Models) : Pop-Up Parts!, Specializing in Folding Trailer Parts

http://rvitch.com/forum/index.php?ac...;topic=72324.0

Have fun. vic
VicS1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 12:39 PM   #6

if your replacing just the slides, get all the materials you are going to need. Then set aside a couple days. Take it slow and methodical. Obviously, you will not open the unit fully, or fasten anything in place to add unnecessary pressure. I can say this enough, have patience and take pictures of different elements/phases of the process of taking the old one off. It should take you only a couple hours to replace the bed slide. However, patience and taking your time and setting aside more time than you need will get the job done.
My first RV was a pop up. I replaced the entire canvass myself, rebuilt and reinforced other aspects of the beds. On other rigs, I have owned, I have rebuilt an entire corner of a cabover portion of a truck camper, and given a 5fth wheel a body and suspension lift for more ground clearance. They are not that hard if you take your time. By the time all was said on done, anyone would be hard pressed to tell if the work was not factory. Time and patience....
Perhaps during the process, you may find a way to reinforce and make the new bedslides stronger.

just my 2cents.
2021 Argo Aurora 8x8/2008 Arctic Cat M1000 SnoPro
Previous: Komfort 5er/Jamboree MH/Lance Cabover/Jayco Whitehawk 25BHS TT
NVGun40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 08:46 PM   #7

Thanks VicS and NVGun! Gives me more confidence then I had a few days ago...
Old 04-26-2015, 06:31 PM   #8

I now have the same issue. I got the rails out. Found replacements for rails but don't know the part name for the extruded aluminum track that the rail slides into. What are those called and how hard are they to replace?
DK_ID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 10:14 PM   #9

I don't know what that "track" part is called, but I had to special order a single bedslide (only needed one for one side) and the track came with it. Didn't replace the track part, though, it wasn't necessary. So I don't know how difficult they would be to replace but my guess is they probably wouldn't be a big deal. Much shorter than the slides, so less to go wrong. BTW replaced both slides on our front bed (the longest one); actually just took one out and bent it back in place with a little muscle and it was fine. The other slide I replaced completely, now the bed is fine. The single slide including the track (which I'll keep if I ever need it) was about $60 via special order from a local RV parts wholesaler. Another local RV supplier quoted me double for the exact same thing, so shop around.
Old 09-14-2015, 09:14 AM   #10

Dealing with the same problem on my new to me 1986 1008 SG. Took 10 minutes to unscrew complete slide assembly. Too twisted to fix...so i will have to find some where to order it from. Its the rear bed. Needs lots of work but once bed is fixed we are gonna put it to use.
I had to make bed supports and used electrical conduit...hope it supports my 240lbs plus my beautiful wife!!
bighoopty66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 03:50 PM   #11

Where did you find the replacement rails?
Old 09-14-2015, 04:16 PM   #12

I have had success with emailing a photo of the part, year, model, and VIN to parts@jayco.com and they have sent me the part number so I can order form a dealer.
NorfolkCounty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 04:55 PM   #13

Great...thanks
Old 04-13-2019, 03:37 PM   #14

Where is the safety bolt and how is it removed rhwarfel@yahoo.com
Rhwarfel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1006, bedslides, front bed, pop-up