Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-22-2012, 02:26 PM   #11
I had a popup years ago... July 1st long weekend (Canada) it SNOWED ... (so much that the highways were closed) stayed warm in the RV but it did use a lot of propane...

2004 Chev Silverado Duramax optioned past the max. 2009 Jayco Eagle 308 RLS 765 watts of solar, 6-6 volt batteries (696 amp hour), 2000 watt (4000 surge) whole house inverter.
140 days boondocking in 2016
211/2015, 196/14, 247/13, 193/12

Seann45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 09:31 PM   #12
Take a look at the resale on jayco versus rockwood, a true measure of quality. jaycos resale is superior

JayKo 141
Minneapolis, Mn
TV: Any Chevy will do
2005 Jayco 1007 - 2007 - 2012
2010 Jayko 141J - 2012 -
Jayko 141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 08:36 PM   #13
We ended up with the Starcraft 14RT OFF-ROAD POPUP with a 12-foot box including a five-foot front deck that is suppose to be used for a ATV but we just use it for camping supplies. I can carry some serious camping supplies with the front deck and the back of the truck. Our camper being the OFF-ROAD type sits high off the ground.

There is only two of us and I would imagine adding a couple of kids would really get a bit crowded inside. There just isnt much floor space in a POPUP.

Ours came with the cassett potti and sit down shower and has all the modern appliances. The furnace is way too hot for us. Very seldom turn it on. The blower sounds like you are setting in the back roll of seats in a MD80 passenger jet if you have ever sit back there before. We use the oil-filled radiator looking type electric heaters in ours when at electric sites. When camping off the power grid use the Mr Buddy heater with the furnace being the absolute backup. We normally use out electric blanket when camping off the power grid. Cant stand it being super hot inside the trailer. Our trailer is beefed-up with more batteries and setup to run all of our appliances we want to use when camping off the power grid and then we have to re-charge our battery bank the next morning by connecting the 30a shore power cable to our 2KW generator using a RV30A-15A adapeter. Usually every where we go has generator use restrictions so we came up with this good plane to run off the batteries for the one day/night camping and then re-charge the batteries the next morning in the short time we are allowed to run our generator.

We have been camping this way for over three years now and it works just fine for us camping off the power grid.
Roy and Carolyn
I claim Horse Creek Country in Southern Ill - Momabear is from North Texas
We live in King George VA

"We're burning daylight" - John Wayne
2008 STARCRAFT 14RT OFF-ROAD POPUP with PD9260C and three 85AH 12VDC batteries
2010 F150 FX4 5.4 GAS with 3.73 gears - Super Cab - Towing Package - 2KW Honda EU2000i Gen
K9PHT (since 1957) 146.52Mhz
"We always have a PLAN B"
RoyBraddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 04:17 AM   #14
We are new owners of a 2012 Jayco Sport 8. The primary reason we chose the 8 was first for our tow vehicle (2010 Jeep Compass) and secondly for the room that is available in our yard/driveway to park it.

Once we got it home, I was slightly disappointed in the amount of storage. I guess that I had initially planned to pack more in it than needed. After camping out last weekend, I found that we had adequate storage. It thunderstormed both evenings/nights that we camped, so no campfire. Instead we played cards and watched dvd's. We found that it had more than enough room for the two of us.

It did get cool in the evening, and the propane heater worked very well. It heated up very quickly, and we found that we needed to turn the temperature control during the night. We are very pleased with our purchase.

We looked at all makes of used before purchasing new. We chose Jayco because of the price (there was a good sale), and that our dealer sells only new Jayco's. After researching Jayco, we were pleased to learn that they have the best resale value.

BarbaraFaith is offline   Reply With Quote