Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-24-2017, 06:43 AM   #1

Door installation and propane tank

Got our new 2017 10UD home on the weekend and tried to setup. It has replaced an 1989 Dove 806 so a quantum leap forward in technology. Biggest problem I had was trying to install the door. After about 20 minutes and assistance from outside the unit, I got it to work. Must be an easier way. Funny thing is the salesrep at the show where we first say it also had a fun time getting it properly in place.

Hoping someone may have an easier way than the manual.

Also seems that the designer got rather devious in the set up of the propane tank. As I mentioned our previous was old, but it had a strap around the middle of the tank you would tighten or loosen to remove. The new one has two bolts and nuts at the bottom. The bold itself is very difficult to get to to try and hold while removing the nut. Am I doing something wrong with that?

Jim Moore
Etobicoke
jmbmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 10:40 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmbmoore View Post
Got our new 2017 10UD home on the weekend and tried to setup. It has replaced an 1989 Dove 806 so a quantum leap forward in technology. Biggest problem I had was trying to install the door. After about 20 minutes and assistance from outside the unit, I got it to work. Must be an easier way. Funny thing is the salesrep at the show where we first say it also had a fun time getting it properly in place.

Hoping someone may have an easier way than the manual.

Also seems that the designer got rather devious in the set up of the propane tank. As I mentioned our previous was old, but it had a strap around the middle of the tank you would tighten or loosen to remove. The new one has two bolts and nuts at the bottom. The bold itself is very difficult to get to to try and hold while removing the nut. Am I doing something wrong with that?

Jim Moore
Etobicoke
I have a 15 1007 UD. It sounds like the propane tanks are bolted the same way. I'm going to be replacing them with allen key bolts. Or if I have the time, make something like this. Also drill through the threaded rod replace the wing handle/nut with a lock: http://www.easternmarine.com/media/c...34006_xl_1.jpg

The door inside of mine is held up by 4 snaps, I release those and slide it towards the door opening. There is a 'hook' that spans about 80% of the door width that needs to be lined up with the top of the door jam. It should then slide straight down into the bottom slot. There are also 2 plastic stoppers about counter level that turn inwards to hold the frame of the door. If I had time I'd make a video but it wouldn't be until the weekend.