I thought I would share a quick photo showing the progression of my paint.
I started by removing all of the old pin striping and decals with a 3M wheel on a power drill. Next was a couple of good washes with TSP, wow was this thing dirty.
Due to the orange peel textured aluminum shell, I felt confident that any roller marks wouldn't be seen. One coat of primer later it was time to paint, I used white Rustoleum enamel paint found in any big box store. Two coats of paint later, I removed all of the accessory covers and painted them black. Yes, I wanted to have my PuP match my tow vehicle. Call me vain :-)
All in all, this was an easy project and the results have earned me several compliments at the campgrounds. It has been over a year since I painted, and even in the brutal Arizona sun, the paint is holding up great!!!
If anyone who has been thinking about doing this has any questions, I have lots of pics and maybe some answers!