Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-28-2015, 03:40 PM   #1

how to hook up propane quick connect for inside the cabin

Hello,

I have recently bought a Jayco Eagle 10 FS, I purchased this off a friend of mine who had the cook stove for the inside cabin stolen. I thought It would be a easy fix but reading some threads and posts on different sites I get more confused.

Is there a way possible to hook up just a regular coleman stove to the inside quick connect adapter will little fuss. I was looking online and cant seem to find just a hose that connects to a cook stove into a quick connect. Any information on this will help.
GerryMercer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 05:57 PM   #2

It is possible but it may be more than just a little fuss. Your rv propane supply is from the bottles mounted in the front of the trailer thru a regulator the reduces the take pressure to 11 inches WC Coleman stoves have their own adaptor which includes a regulator to reduce the 1 lb or with adaptors a 20 lb bottle down to the 11 inches required to operate the stove. You would need to find a way to make an adaptor that would use the camper supply to the Coleman adaptor and remove the Coleman regulator.

I recently purchased a used 2004 Jay feather hybrid that has the mount and quick disconnect on the outside but the stove inside can not be moved and there was no other stove included with the sale although a outside stove was an option. I had the same thoughts as you but with the purpose of using the stove outdoors. My options were to make an adaptor or find a stove to use outside. I was lucky and found a stove from a popup that had the quick disconnect connector and also the mount so it could be used in or out. I would suggest that you check on e-bay for something similar or check with dealers in your area for a used stove that is already equipped with the quick disconnect
You may spend a little more this way but you will get a stove that was designed for what you want to do.
bedrck46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 08:37 AM   #3

You might be able to just buy a new stove from the dealer. I read the sticky in campfire cooking about adapting the stovetops to LP quick connect. It says coleman is not easy to convert and that you have to have specific parts etc. Many people convert the Camp chef 2 burners- but not mountain series and weber Q grills to quick connect.
Here is the link to the sticky in the cooking forum:
http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f2...lls-12117.html

Happy camping!
2 Golden Retrievers, Cooper & Claude
:campfire: :campfire:
Ewingfamily is offline   Reply With Quote