Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-06-2013, 08:56 PM   #21

This may be totally irrelevant, but my last camper was a pop-up, Fleetwood Arcadia, and I had the same problem out on a trip. That trailer had a small metal tab on one of the bunk ends that activated a switch for the ceiling lights. If the bunk ends weren't out, the lights wouldn't work. Mine was slightly bent, and it took me an hour to figure out that the tab had a function. May not apply to Jayco's, but I thought I'd put it out there. Good luck! JMR
5.3L V8 3:73 Husky Centerline Hitch
Jammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 09:56 AM   #22

The switch is made by a company called cherry. You can only get it through an rv dealer. More info to follow
cv60cat2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 12:04 PM   #23

I have a 2001 Qwest A12. I had the same problem as you did. What happen to me may be different from yours. I closed the roof but kept it plugged to keep the fridge cold before our two weeks vacation to Florida. However when we stop for our first night at KOA park in Lousiana. The lights were not working but the fridge, A/C and electrical plug were fuctional. After the trip with no lights, of course bought lot of lanterns. I took it to the shop and they said that when I left the camper plug in and the roof closed it killed my fuse box for the lights. Because there a metal piece on the back of your camper that suppose to kill the lights when closed to conserved the battery. When you raised the roof the lights comes on automatic if you left the lights on. It cost me nearly 300 dollars in repairs over my stupidity for not reading the instruction.
Jwunsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 08:53 PM   #24

I had the same problem on my 93 eagle. I was tracing the wires this morning getting ready to rewire the lights and found an inline fuse in the corner just below where the wire turns to go across the ceiling behind the canvas. changed the fuse and now my lights work.
snapper388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 03:57 PM   #25

Cutoff Switch - Jayco 1206

I had the same issue on a trip. After a lot of searching, found a cutoff switch on the outside of the camper, under the roof at the mid-point, just above the sink. The switch was badly bent. Bent it back and it worked. Mine was part # 2604-1100 by McGill.
Attached Thumbnails
switch.jpg  
dkav012 is offline   Reply With Quote