Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-15-2015, 02:24 PM   #11
It should be fixable. It might cost a bit more now that your boyfriend busted the upright, and it will have to be replaced too, and that will be the hardest part. If you have a good place to open it up and work on it for a week or so, would be best. You can buy safety supports, do not recall the true name of them, but they are like a “C” channel device, that slip over the lifting arms. Normally you buy two of these and put them in opposite corners so if a cable breaks the roof stays up, and you can use it for lifting and lower the roof when a cable breaks. We had two of them in our old, very old Starcraft PU. We had broke many cables over the years, and replaced them.

I would contact Jayco with your vin number, and ask for the drawings of the lift mechanism and parts list. I would review it, look over your unit, determine what you need and if you think you can do the work yourself. Then I would contact your locate RV repair facility and ask for a quote to do the work. I also bet if you do a YouTube search you will find a video or two on repairing the lift mechanism.

Best of luck

Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote