Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-16-2015, 11:54 AM   #1

jayco pop up

I have a jayco pop up . I am having issues with the AC..No power to the ac. I have a cord running directly from the ac to myy house . Only way it is getting power. I changed the receptacle that the cord went into inside the camper.Still no power that qway
mingodaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 10:00 AM   #2

Did you check the breaker in the panel inside the camper? If you have it plugged directly to your house you may have problems with the AC. I would remove the cover and see if you have voltage there. One camper I had had a wire under the cover that was loose.
Old 08-20-2015, 10:28 AM   #3

I have a similar issue with my NTU 2005 Starcraft. The AC has a dedicated 20 amp outlet under one of the seats and right behind the converter box. But when I'm plugged into the house current (15 amp), that outlet is dead and the AC won't fire up. I bought a 20-15 amp adapter pigtail just to make sure it wasn't the AC unit, and sure enough, it works fine when I plug it directly into the house current (although I didn't turn it up high or for very long).

Although I haven't run the full set of wiring yet, the breaker and outlet both seem fine, and the other 110V outlets work fine. Thought it might be a GFI issue, but that's not the case either.

Is it possible that the converter is set up to not make the 20 amp outlet 'hot' unless there's enough amperage to safely run the A/C unit? Such as when plugging into 30-amp at a campground? That's our next step, but frankly we mainly boondock so the A/C isn't something we'd use often...but nice to have.
maddoxdave is offline   Reply With Quote