Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-02-2013, 06:29 PM   #11
My former neighbor, as an OLD popup that he uses as a hunting shack. When he is done setting it up it looks like some kind of alien spaceship. He is boondocking with no generator. I do not recall if they use a little buddy heater or not. Everything is covered in Reflexit, at least one lay possibly two layers; He has a lot of it. If I recall if the weather is really bad he adds a few tarps too. With all that he says it stays nice and warm.

In the HTT, in the cooler season I like a CG with electricity. I have brought two 1500W ceramic heaters with me. I aim one towards the back and one toward the front. I can only plug one into the HTT, so I run a heavy duty extension cord from the Current Bush (electrical post) in under the slide (through a small gap). Last season we only used about 3 gallons of propane all season, but we did have a later start to the season.

Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:17 PM   #12
Originally Posted by mcfarmall View Post
Tell me about the skirts for the bunk ends and maybe a picture too. Those sound like a good idea.
Our PUP had velcro strips on 3 undersides of the bed (none closest to the PUP body) and also on the bed skirts themselves and that is what held them up. The skirts fit under each bed and were made up of the vinyl that has a cloth back similar to the the PUP canvas. The material was heavy and it stayed in place especially with the velcro strips.

Here is a some info on how someone made their own bunk end skirts.

Hope this helps.

Joe and Mary Anne
1 18 yr old DD
2014 Ram 2500 Diesel Laramie Mega Cab 4 X 4
2011 Jayco Jay Flight 26RLS-Sold
2014 Jayco Eagle 298 RLDS
maromeo is offline   Reply With Quote