Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-04-2011, 08:29 PM   #1

keeping the 1207 warm

Hi! I just wondering how to keep the 1207 warm. I found on the net 2 options, 1) put refletix on the windows (seems gonna work well) and 2) the popupgizmos, seems to be a good option (just ordered my pair).
Any ideas or experiences with this 2 options, or others?

PatoV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 08:45 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

I have seen and heard that the "PopupGizmos" work well, and the refletix should be an improvement to.

For those that have not seen the PopupGizmos": http://www.popupgizmos.com/

Bob

2016 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4.10
2018 Jay Flight 24RBS
2002 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4:10 (retired)
2005 Jayco Eagle 278FBS (retired)
1999 Jayco Eagle 246FB (retired)
Reese HP Dual Cam (Strait-Line)
Rustic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 08:54 PM   #3
Site Team

I have camping friends who have a hybrid.They have camped by us when it was well below freezing. They have the gizmo covers over the tent ends and use a small electric space heater to supplement the furnace. They also use sleeping bags for some additional warmth in those fold out beds. The cold was not an issue for them.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 08:56 PM   #4

Used the Popupgizmos quite a bit. We loved them. They kept our PUP warm in temps down in the low 30's along with the no condensation. Our furnace did a good job keeping us warm along with some nice thick comforters. We also used under bunk skirts that helped keep the draft off of us under the beds, plus it was extra outside storage. Hope this helps.

Mary Anne Romeo
2011 Jayco Jay Flight 26RLS-Sold
2014 Jayco Eagle 298 RLDS
maromeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 07:20 AM   #5

Refletix cut to fit under your mattresses will help also. We had so much in our windows and under our beds our Fairview looked like a UFO had just landed in the campground. But, hey we were nice and warm!
2002 Chevy Silverado
Beerlifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 02:21 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustic Eagle View Post
I have seen and heard that the "PopupGizmos" work well, and the refletix should be an improvement to.

For those that have not seen the PopupGizmos": http://www.popupgizmos.com/

Bob
Thanks, I have already ordered mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabman View Post
I have camping friends who have a hybrid.They have camped by us when it was well below freezing. They have the gizmo covers over the tent ends and use a small electric space heater to supplement the furnace. They also use sleeping bags for some additional warmth in those fold out beds. The cold was not an issue for them.
Nice Info! I have 3 little kids, so I need to keep them warm

Quote:
Originally Posted by maromeo View Post
Used the Popupgizmos quite a bit. We loved them. They kept our PUP warm in temps down in the low 30's along with the no condensation. Our furnace did a good job keeping us warm along with some nice thick comforters. We also used under bunk skirts that helped keep the draft off of us under the beds, plus it was extra outside storage. Hope this helps.

Mary Anne Romeo
Thanks Mary Anne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerlifter View Post
Refletix cut to fit under your mattresses will help also. We had so much in our windows and under our beds our Fairview looked like a UFO had just landed in the campground. But, hey we were nice and warm!
Nice tip! I will put a lot under our beds too! Thanks!
PatoV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:15 PM   #7

I used a square office cube heater which worked great. I had a furnance that I would set to ~about~ 5deg cooler if the electric one couldn't keep up. Which it could most of the time unless it was raining. I also got heated matress pads off EB. They worked great!!!
techmod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:05 AM   #8

We camped many times in our 1207 when the temps were right at or just below freezing. We had the heated bed mats that came with it, plus used the furnance and warm blankets. The heated bed mats help a lot IMO, our hybrid didn't have any, so we bought some heated mattress pads for it. I had also looked into buying some of the Popup gizmos but never got around to it, may still end up getting some for the hybrid, have heard nothing but good things about them. I was most interested in the bunk liners, the only time it really seemed cold in the camper was when the wind was blowing, since the window covers on the bunk ends are breathable canvas, they can let a lot of cold air in, the liners would help with this.
2011 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Z71 CC 6.0L/3.73
ITBC
Reese "Pro Series" 800lb Trunnion WDH w/sway control
amabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:08 PM   #9

I use popup gizmos and electric space heater to help the furnace. Also, we put a sleeping bag on top of the mattress and then cover up with a comforter. The popup gizmos help in the winter and summer.

2012 Ford F-150 Lariat Supercrew 4X4, 3.5L Ecoboost, 3.73 (traded)
2005 Jayco 1207 (second PUP)
1976 Coleman Brandywine (first PUP)
katgar05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:46 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by maromeo View Post

Mary Anne Romeo
Tell me about the skirts for the bunk ends and maybe a picture too. Those sound like a good idea.
Old 02-02-2013, 07:29 PM   #11

My former neighbor, as an OLD popup that he uses as a hunting shack. When he is done setting it up it looks like some kind of alien spaceship. He is boondocking with no generator. I do not recall if they use a little buddy heater or not. Everything is covered in Reflexit, at least one lay possibly two layers; He has a lot of it. If I recall if the weather is really bad he adds a few tarps too. With all that he says it stays nice and warm.

In the HTT, in the cooler season I like a CG with electricity. I have brought two 1500W ceramic heaters with me. I aim one towards the back and one toward the front. I can only plug one into the HTT, so I run a heavy duty extension cord from the Current Bush (electrical post) in under the slide (through a small gap). Last season we only used about 3 gallons of propane all season, but we did have a later start to the season.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:17 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcfarmall View Post
Tell me about the skirts for the bunk ends and maybe a picture too. Those sound like a good idea.
Our PUP had velcro strips on 3 undersides of the bed (none closest to the PUP body) and also on the bed skirts themselves and that is what held them up. The skirts fit under each bed and were made up of the vinyl that has a cloth back similar to the the PUP canvas. The material was heavy and it stayed in place especially with the velcro strips.

Here is a some info on how someone made their own bunk end skirts.

http://www.popupportal.com/index.php?topic=66011.0

Hope this helps.
2011 Jayco Jay Flight 26RLS-Sold
2014 Jayco Eagle 298 RLDS
maromeo is offline   Reply With Quote