Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-11-2017, 01:22 PM   #1

Motorised mover, or push mover?

https://www.amazon.com/Mophorn-Trail...er+mover+dolly

or ( Note edited to a different push one.)
https://www.amazon.com/Trailer-Dolly-Tongue-Weight-Hitch/dp/B00KXH6GF8/ref=pd_sbs_86_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=CECDE7 QMZ43FT3MMGER8

I mean I would love to keep it cheaper.. But what are your thoughts.

I just made the gate to my back yard bigger, but it gives me 4 inches of clearance on each side. I would like to be able to get it in there with more precision than my truck.
Jetsers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 01:52 PM   #2

What type of surface would you be using these devices on, if grass I don't think either one will work with that weight, if concrete or asphalt the power one for sure and manual if its flat and you have some good muscles.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 02:07 PM   #3

Its concrete and moderately flat, until the back yard, I bought some paver stones to put down where the wheels will go so they don't sink into the grass and get stuck or rotten.
Old 07-11-2017, 03:10 PM   #4

Do you have a wheel on your tongue jack?

We had a 1993 Jayco 1208 with a 12 ft box that had a removable wheel. I could push the camper around by the box by myself. I used to regularly turn it around at gravel camp sites when we camped with other family in adjoining sites.

On concrete it should be even easier. Most tongue jacks have little cutouts at the bottom to fit a wheel. Far cheaper than what you are looking at.

https://www.etrailer.com/search/Trailer+Jack+Wheel
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 03:31 PM   #5

There are 2 holes there I believe. I wondered what it was for. Ordering one tonight once I get home and confirm they are there and what size it is.

Thanks so much.
Old 07-11-2017, 05:01 PM   #6

My brother has an older PU, and he uses the manual version to get his PU through his gate, and into his backyard. Its all dirt and gravel, there is also a good dip on the yard side of the gate. He moves it by himself. He does have plenty of space around the gate, so he does not worry about it.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 06:08 PM   #7

I agree with DocBrown. I muscle mine M-1007 around on the cement all the time. Even with a slight grade on the driveway. Having the manual mover would be enough to make the job extremely simple. That wheel you're ordering is a must. You'll see that the trailer moves rather well on a flat surface on those three points (two tires and the tongue jack).

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Jerry B.
"Stateboy" (Formerly "36fire412")
SW Lower Michigan
2016 X254
2012 Toyota Tundra Crewmax TRD 4x4
stateboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 11:35 AM   #8

Provided you're reasonably able, you should be able to move the camper fairly easily on the level or close-to, but it also depends on how smooth your surface is. Concrete good, asphalt less so; old, dessicated asphalt (like mine) is pretty difficult. Gravel or dirt, good luck.
Rapidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 09:57 AM   #9

For you younger guys it maybe easy "muscling a PUP around. I've got a 1206 and I can man handle it on the concrete as long as my wife is controlling the direction at the hitch end. I don't like doing it because I've got 2 artificial hip joints to be concerned with and to be honest, due to a life altering condition (Acromegaly), simply pushing it out of the garage leaves me pretty much exhausted. I would be very interested in the powered unit. I've been toying with an idea of sort and wondering if I might make it work. My MIL had a 2 speed Pronto motorized scooter (4 wheel) that's just sitting in my garage right now taking up space. The seat frame locks down into a 2x2 receptor that is part of the lower frame for the track unit. I'm thinking I might remove the seat and put a hitch ball on the frame and see if that will move the PUP......

Jayco Jay Series 1206
Dodge Ram 1500, Hemi
Lifespalette is offline   Reply With Quote