Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-24-2013, 08:10 AM   #1

Question New Member and Owner ...2009 Jayco 1206 Winch Problems

Hi. New member here.

My wife and I just purchased a 2009 Jayco 1206 tent trailer and already have experienced a problem. We set it up to try everything out which went fine. As we were taking it down everything was going good , the winch was lowering it alright , the roof was at the bottom except for one side was up a little. I kept unwinding the crank to try to seat the rest of it but it wouldn't go down. I then thought I would crank it up to see if something was in the way but the crank would only go about 1 turn and then there was too much tension to turn. We phoned the dealer and they thought the cable might be tangled up. He said to access them from inside the trailer but there is absolutely no room to get in because of the slide out and sofa. He then suggested to raise the roof manually and support on 2x4's. I would get them to fix but they are booking in at the end of July and we are wanted to use before then.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to raise the roof manually and where you access the winch and cables from within. The service guy couldn't tell me specifically and I don't want to wreck anything in the process. Also does tangled cables sound like the problem?

Thanks for any help someone can give me.
brewstermann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 12:09 AM   #2

We had to do a fix like this on our tent trailer. We found a YouTube video that demonstrated how to lift the roof up and how to repair a broken or tangled cable. Just google it...under YouTube pop up trailer cable repair.

Lady Wendolyn Jayflight 28BHS

For a tour of my glamorous, cool camper, and an "Ad a bifold door Mod: https://mycoolcampingcaravanadventures.blogspot.ca

For these Mods: Master bedroom shelving in closets and countertop extension: https://mycoolcampingcaravanadventure...es-camper.html

For this Mod: Adding a wall light switch to the master bedroom:
https://mycoolcampingcaravanadventure...ht-switch.html
Ladywendolyn is offline   Reply With Quote