Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-27-2012, 12:32 AM   #11
I may just solar power the phone brother. Was at harbor freight today and saw there panels which, cost wise, might make more sense. Not sure on this one yet. More to follow.

I figured that was the hose I needed. Thanx for the confirm. Now can you hook your stove up to the propane coming out of the side of the camper or do you have to hook straight to the bottle? I want to hook up into the camper side if possible. In cleaning my trailer , I forgot to look at the hoses and they are all packed up. There is an extra hose and I forgot to look at it. Was knee deep in dirt from the desert.

Thanx again tyre. I really appreciate your help in this.

davidschap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 07:41 AM   #12
Yes- the hose (coming out of the side of my camper) is already plumbed into the main gas line underneath my camper. The hard line comes up through the floor and into the cavity below the seat where it connects to the flexible line that goes outside. It came from the factory that way (outside stove option) and has the same quick-connect as the inside.

However, you probably could tap into the hard line under your camper and make a similar setup for your 'outside' stove. OR, see if Coleman (check Camping World online too) makes a longer hose assembly (10+ feet?) and just zip-tie it to the camper frame to go from the tank to where you need it. Many options are possible depending on your skill level and budget.

As far as a solar phone charger- check this out. I've had one for many years (it was gift), and used the hell out of it. They're inexpensive, they come with 6-or-so different connectors (they have as list of all the phones that their product hooks to) and it works **** good.
They sell them on Amazon. The site I provided is the manufacturers site that gives specifics on the device.

Camping is just a relaxing way to practice for being homeless. :Flag:

2009 JKU TV (Its a Jeep thing...you wouldn't understand!)
2000 Quest 8U PUP
Tyreguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 04:40 PM   #13
Yep, that is basically the same one harbor freight sells. It's between 25 & 45 bucks depending on your solar wattage & what you want.

I think I can find the line for the hoses at camping world, just haven't had time to go over there and look really. Online, I have found the lines for disposable propane containers to bulk, and they are not too pricey. I'm lucky as I still have a bunch of small propanes left, and just need time to research a little. You figure they would make a quick connect to disposable, and they very well may, but i'm just not using the proper verbage...

Thanx again bro...

davidschap is offline   Reply With Quote