Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-31-2014, 10:43 AM   #1

New popup owner 1996 eagle 10

So i just bought a 96 eagle 10 camper and got a great deal on it. I am in the works of figuring this thing out for a trip we are taking in December. So question is do i need a battery? I will be going to Garner state park in texas so I will be plugged in at all time. Should my light still work like normal or do i need 12v. Also are all popups 120v or 110v, if 120 then i could just plug it into my washer outlet and test and see if everything works correctly right?
Gabe_96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 11:00 AM   #2

For camping, if you're on the grid, you do not need a battery. The places I like to camp don't usually have grid access, but a state park is a good place for a shakedown trip.

If you have electric brakes you may need an onboard battery for emergency activation.

The interior lights will work on both 12v and 120v, and yes, you can use the camper plug on a washer outlet. You may also be able to find an adapter to go down to the standard wall socket. Best to be prepared, you never know what kind of receptacle you might need, and the adapter could make things easier for you. (My camper lives in my backyard, so if I want shore power I run an extension cord.)
Old 11-03-2014, 11:40 AM   #3

actually they dont work on a washer outlet, those are 240. I bought a dogbone and ran it to an outlet 110.
Gabe_96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 07:47 PM   #4

We had a 96 eagle 12 for 19 years. Ours just ran off of regular 20 amp 120 volts. I also carried an adapter to plug into a 30 amp outlet at campgrounds. The lights work on either power and the 3 way fridge would cool down on 120 and just maintain on 12 volt. We didn't mount a spare battery and never missed it. Hope you've been having fun with it.
secal48 is offline   Reply With Quote