Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-15-2016, 09:52 AM   #11
Originally Posted by canuck03 View Post
So really... the solution is to never camp withouth hoook ups. Seems WAY easier.
Dry camping is easy. We have an htt, we go out a few times a year dry camping, with no issues. If it is cold and you want to use the furnace that creates a small issue.

We have the stock cheap battery still, twin 20 pound propane tanks. We typically camp alot, 30 to 50 nights a year. I converted the lights to led, I think now have 12 sets of ceiling lights, and half of them are doubles. When boondocking for more than three days we need a power plan. The big item only use the lights that you need, turn them off when not needed. I do have a spare group 27 battery I carry in the tv if I think I might needed it. I have gone five days with no problems. A 20 pound tank lasts us all season and we pull our htt with the frig running on propane. We do cook most of our meals outside.

Warning about the furnace it will drain a battery down quick, if you set the temp and walk away, you might get 24 hours out of the battery. If it is going to be cool, we try to get an electric site, and bring an electric heater.

Best of luck

Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 05:47 PM   #12
Dry camping is all we do, my #20 propane will run the fridge and my furnace for the full summer of camping. (four or five nights running furnace and twenty day of fridge) A 20 lb tank will go a long way on a pop-up. As for your battery, lights and water pump 5-6 days no problem, if your running your furnace 5-6 nights also, that may be pushing it, but if you limit how much you run the furnace you may get by.

2014 Jay Series 1207
2002 Qwest 10X (retired)
mainer is offline   Reply With Quote