Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-04-2012, 12:41 PM   #1

Newbie with Hitch Issues, Door gap & AC questions

Arrived at the campground this week and discovered the hitch coupler in our 2001 Eagle SO 14 would not retract. A quick look determined a broken piston. A repair guy at the campground was able to get us going, but the guts will need to be "rebuilt". Any advice on where to get parts and/or what to look for to get this done?
Second, once the canvas is attached to the door, there is a big gap above the lock. The problem is made worse when the door frame is bumped or used as a handle. Any advice on how to eliminate the gap and to keep the frame more stable?
Finally, if I want to put in an AC, how much power do I need and what are the best brands for PUPs? Thank you.
schavezmatzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 05:41 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by schavezmatzel View Post
Arrived at the campground this week and discovered the hitch coupler in our 2001 Eagle SO 14 would not retract. A quick look determined a broken piston. A repair guy at the campground was able to get us going, but the guts will need to be "rebuilt". Any advice on where to get parts and/or what to look for to get this done?
Second, once the canvas is attached to the door, there is a big gap above the lock. The problem is made worse when the door frame is bumped or used as a handle. Any advice on how to eliminate the gap and to keep the frame more stable?
Finally, if I want to put in an AC, how much power do I need and what are the best brands for PUPs? Thank you.
I just put in a coleman Mach 3, go with the power saver model. its 150 more, but its worth it. with this model you can use it on 20amp.
richierich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 11:14 PM   #3

Thank you!
schavezmatzel is offline   Reply With Quote