Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-30-2015, 07:23 PM   #11
Our 24' HTT took an hour or maybe a little less to get on the road. The newer 5th seems to take about the same amount of time. Maybe this is one of the rare cases where size doesn't matter.
I've found that when I try to hurry to get out of the CG that's when I overlook things.

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 08:07 AM   #12
Originally Posted by RedHorse1 View Post
I've found that when I try to hurry to get out of the CG that's when I overlook things.

Slow down and take a deep breath. If you hurry, you'll miss something eventually, and one day it'll be something major. Move with a purpose, and with efficiency, but don't rush.

2014 Jay Flight 28 BHBE
2015 RAM 2500 6.4L HEMI, Tradesman 4x4, 3.73
Blue Ox SwayPro (BXW 1503)

Upgraded from an REI internal frame backpack and a Eureka 1/2 dome tent!
Camper_bob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 09:34 PM   #13
I don't feel that breaking camp is a lot of work or that it's a slow process. It's really just a matter of finding what works for you and getting into a groove on go home day. We camp with 2 young boys so they have their jobs to do and the wife has her jobs. She is usually cleaning stuff up inside while me and the boys are breaking things down outside. Usually when she is done inside I am ready to lower down the roof. We try to keep things in their places throughout the whole weekend so there is only minimal stuff to put away on go home day.
railrunner74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 07:00 AM   #14
Nite before, organize the outside stuff and clean the grill etc. Last morning, organize the kitchen and inside personal stuff after breakfast. Send the kids off on an adventure and began packing and storing the "stuff". When time to enter the "ready to launch" phase, disconnect the hose, electric, and stow the awning. We use a roof top hard shell [in the pickup bed] for larger items and stuff that needs to stay dry and away from prying eyes when you stop for fuel and food.

Biggest tip is to develop a plan and repeat it each trip. I have my stuff and wife has her's. Stay out of each others way and don't intrupt. Last step is to hitch up and remove chocks. Pull off the site and do a final check of the site and the RV. You'll be glad you did when you find something you had stuffed under the TT or the window or storage hatch that didn't get secured.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 08:33 AM   #15
x2,3,4 etc. We all have our ways. Work out a system that works best for you and you're on your way. Camping is intended to be stress free so just don't worry about it. Have fun, enjoy and...
Happy RVing,
2014 Jayflight 24FBS Elite
2009 F150 Supercab, 5.4L ,3.73, HD Tow Package, Equal-i-zer 1K,
Progressive EMS-LCHW30, TST 507RV TPMS, Hydro Life HL-200, Maxxis 8008.
Best friend wife and dog Cooper. RETIRED 6/30/16. WOOHOO! Now the "endless summer" begins.
havnfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 12:49 PM   #16
We have items just for camper (Sheets, pots, pans, etc..) we try to keep everything needed in camper at all times. Pretty much we pack a duffle bag with clothes, bring fire wood, Pack the camper only cooler with food and fridge. We don't really pack much because it is already in camper. we wash sheets, blankets and linens when we arrive home then put them in a vacuum space saver bag and put back in camper. The vacuum space saver bags are great for the camper We also buy camper things off season (the space saver pots and pans that nest together, the 3 in one utensils etc..) They make so many things for camping that take up little to no room. (we have actually bought some of these items for the house kitchen. Shop at camping world type store but buy at Walmart or amazon for cheap. Keep it simple. Yes these items cost a little money but time is money and camp in the driveway a few times and use the $$ saved to buy camper goodies Most of all when you have everything in camper...you don't for get it at home!!

CentralNH is offline   Reply With Quote