Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-31-2014, 05:52 PM   #1

Screen Room Info Needed

Looking to add a screen room to my pop up. I have a 2008 Jayco model 2006. Existing Canopy is 12'. Who/where can I find the correct one for my camper. Not sure who manufactured it. No label and I've searched and need to know manufacturer.

Help?
Jayco Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 08:26 PM   #2

I had a screen room, I didn't like it but some do.

Before you buy your screen room, look at the Eureka Northern Breeze tent (with walls). This tent takes minutes to build s(VERY good quality) and you can also bring it real close to your trailer. If the weather gets bad, you have to bring in the awning which includes your screen room, you are aware of that right. Many rainy days my kids stay in the Eureka and play cards etc... Great addition if you have a smaller TT.

The Eureka screen room is free standing, has solid walls that can be brought down if weather gets bad or if you need some privacy on your site. The mesh is good quality.

http://www.eurekatentscanada.com/pro...62?s=section_4

I purchased a Carefree screen room, I could never set it up right, never snug against the trailer. Basically a $500.00 mistake for me anyways.

Good luck!

ps. I swear I don't sell them! haha

Oh it comes in blue or beige. I got the beige, REALLY bright inside. Blue I have heard is too dark.
WASABI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 08:44 PM   #3

Got one sitting in my garage that I am looking to get rid of. Bought it for my 1981 Jay Flute 8 pop up. That pop up is long gone but the screen house and awning are just gathering dust. Not looking to sell it but hate to throw perfectly good stuff in the garbage. I still have the assembly instructions which I will look at in the morning. Where are you located ?
snipe22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 08:51 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by snipe22 View Post
Got one sitting in my garage that I am looking to get rid of. Bought it for my 1981 Jay Flute 8 pop up. That pop up is long gone but the screen house and awning are just gathering dust. Not looking to sell it but hate to throw perfectly good stuff in the garbage. I still have the assembly instructions which I will look at in the morning. Where are you located ?
Snipe, throw in on Craigslist. I sold mine for $400.00 2 months ago
WASABI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 10:42 PM   #5

care free makes good one for 12'
bailee21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 06:57 PM   #6

Quote:

Located on Long Island, NY.

If we're nearby and you want to get rid of it let me know. I gladly pick it up.
Old 08-04-2014, 08:14 PM   #7

I will verify the measurements tomorrow. I am pretty sure that is 12 foot. It's the awning plus the "add a room". Do you get upstate often ?
Old 08-04-2014, 08:31 PM   #8

Hey Jayco Camper,I forgot to ask if you have an awning on your Pop up. The reason being that the add a room zippers onto the awning. I think that I bought them as a pair. We didn't have those fancy roll out awnings in the old days. The awning slid into a track that ran along the door side of the pop up and the add a room zippered to the awning.
Old 08-05-2014, 05:51 AM   #9

Quote:
Hey Jayco Camper,I forgot to ask if you have an awning on your Pop up. The reason being that the add a room zippers onto the awning. I think that I bought them as a pair. We didn't have those fancy roll out awnings in the old days. The awning slid into a track that ran along the door side of the pop up and the add a room zippered to the awning.
I do have a "Canopy". What you have doesn't seem to be the same Screen Room that will go on my PU. I have no zippers. Everything is Velcro now.

I appreciate your offer but if I want to be certain I get the correct SR I feel it best I just purchase it from Jayco. I have been in touch with them and they provided me with a photo and it is quite different from those I've seen being sold by other manufactures. Much higher quality too.

Again, thanks for the offer but I don't think what you have will go on my PU.
Here's a photo of what I'd need.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Room.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	109.9 KB
ID:	14585
Old 08-22-2014, 06:04 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayco Camper View Post
I appreciate your offer but if I want to be certain I get the correct SR I feel it best I just purchase it from Jayco. I have been in touch with them and they provided me with a photo and it is quite different from those I've seen being sold by other manufactures. Much higher quality too.

Attachment 14585
Did they quote you a price? Also, will that on all Jayco popups with awning? I just purchased a 2015 10SD today and am ready to buy some accessories.
jgoldwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 12:13 PM   #11

I picked one up. Total cost after tax and shipping was $503.00.
Haven't used it yet but it looks pretty nice. Definitely higher quality then the Screen Rooms I've seen from other manufactures. This one is "Custom Fitted" for my PU. Has everything needed to seal off the entire PU and make just what I wanted. Another "Room". Also comes with "Privacy Panels" that allows you to completely close it up if you choose.
Most likely won't get to use it until next season though.