Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-27-2017, 05:27 PM   #1

Seal supposed to be just above door?

Good evening, I have a 2004 Jayco Qwest and I noticed something while packing up tonight. When I put the popup down, I have quite a large gap between the roof and the door, basically finger width, the length of the door. Is that like that for a reason or should there be something to close that off? I've uploaded some pictures below.

While I'm on the subject, I notice when I have everything popped up, there are little gaps around the door. Not where it closes, but where it attaches to the main body of the camper. Towards the top where the vinyl attaches to the door tops there small gaps just because of how the vinyl flexs. Then also, towards the bottom, it seems like things are just really loose and theres a few small gaps where the vinyl, door upright posts, and door meet.

Are there gaskets missing or is this just the nature of a pop-up camper?

EDIT NOTE: The picture of the door and roof closed is upside-down. I've uploaded it twice to no avail. The roof in that picture is actually on the bottom.
Attached Thumbnails
20170627_191100.jpg   20170627_191159.jpg   20170627_191205.jpg  
bjlasota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 09:54 PM   #2

Here's my thread to a similar question.

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=46610

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Jerry B.
"Stateboy" (Formerly "36fire412")
SW Lower Michigan
2016 X254
2012 Toyota Tundra Crewmax TRD 4x4
stateboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 05:51 AM   #3

Excellent, Thanks for the info. It's definately a seal missing, because with the gap that's currently there, it's easy for mice to climb in through. I'm not so much worried about it right now as I've used it a couple times and don't have any water issues. however, it'll be a problem come winter when the snow flies and the mice are looking for a home. I might leave it like it is now, and do that pipe insulation idea when I winterize it.
bjlasota is offline   Reply With Quote