Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-30-2015, 01:42 PM   #1

Sink water discharge

I have a question regarding my water systems. I have a 2012 Jayco 1206 popup. My old popup did not have any type of water system (was removed by previous owner) so the water system is new to me. I have been doing some reading and research but am getting confused. When I use my sink inside the camper will it empty into the grey water tank or discharge out the back of the camper? Thanks for your help
RyansJayco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 03:31 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyansJayco View Post
I have a question regarding my water systems. I have a 2012 Jayco 1206 popup. My old popup did not have any type of water system (was removed by previous owner) so the water system is new to me. I have been doing some reading and research but am getting confused. When I use my sink inside the camper will it empty into the grey water tank or discharge out the back of the camper? Thanks for your help
No where can you legally dump even grey water on the ground. I would assume it has a tank which needs to be dumped in a dump station, or connected to a sewer. If you don't have a tank, then you would need to get something to catch the waste water, so you can dump it legally.

Enjoy your new camper !

wags999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 04:07 PM   #3

^Yup, should dump into the grey tank.
Old 03-30-2015, 06:27 PM   #4

I have the same model and I love it. The sink drain vents outside the trailer same side as the sink is on. You have to unscrew a cap on the outside to allow free drainage. You should get a container to drain into. The grey water tank is for the shower only. The grey tank holds 11 gallons. Hope this helps you.
jonorman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 06:27 PM   #5

Or you can wash your dishes outside in a bucket and dump the water on the ground like all of the tent campers do. (off of soap box now)

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
edatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 06:55 PM   #6

my old pop up did not have a grey tank. I hooked up a short hose to the drain connection and drained my water into a 5 gallon water jug (designated for waste water only of course!)... Made it easy to carry to a waste water drain in the campground.
klpoppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 09:26 PM   #7

I agree with edatlanta, wash dishes outside and broadcast the wash water into the weeds. I hardly ever see anyone else doing it that way anymore in our state parks; it's not illegal or against the rules, just isn't the fashion anymore. Who's got enough room to wash inside anyway in a popup with that shallow sink and short faucet. Outside on the good ol' picnic table there's plenty of room for wash/rinse tubs and a drying rack.
Rapidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 09:35 PM   #8

In Arizona, water from washing dishes or any other water that has small particulates of food are classified as sewerage and must be disposed of as you would your black tank. This is a fairly typical broad interpretation of rules in most state and federal parks. Most private campgrounds I have visited have rules against dumping of any water on the ground.

wags999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 06:59 PM   #9

In our old eagle 12 I also had a hose connector mated up to a short piece of plastic tube that ran down to a 5 gal bucket. Just keep the hose short and straight. If ours got bent or twisted the sink wouldn't drain and I'd have to go out and fuss with it. Good luck.
secal48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 07:59 PM   #10

I've seen the "tent campers do it" argument before. So people leave trash on the ground. Some leave cig butts everywhere. Some leave beer cans and other trash in the fire pits. Does that mean everybody should do it?
Old 08-09-2015, 03:34 AM   #11

I don't know what current rules and regs are but when I had a popup back in the 90's, I hooked up a garden hose and routed it so it wouldn't drain into anyone else's site. Only thing I had was a sink. Never had a problem and seemed to be a normal procedure at the time. But I also know a lot of discharge laws and regs have changed significantly since that time. Nowadays I think I would have some kind of container.
tugboat95 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
grey, sink, water