Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-22-2016, 06:22 PM   #1

sink water drips between galley when using

So I can't figure this out. I have a swing down galley, and I seem to have the sink drain aligned perfectly with the lower drain, but after using the sink, if I raise the galley there is water that does not make it down the main drain and puddles up. I'm not sure what I am missing here! I got a funnel and have been using that by putting it in the bottom drain and closing the galley, but there is still seepage. Water seems to drain out of the grey water tube outside the camper just fine.
LisaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 10:41 AM   #2

I got water there from time to time. A couple of things to try:
Double check the connections on the water filter cartridge (or bypass if not installed) and at the taps, it may not be coming from the drain. These can loosen up over time and drip.
If the black rubber gasket on the sink bottom is dry, try to revive it a bit. Armor All can help with this. You can also try smearing a bit of Petroleum Jelly on the sealing surface to make a better seal.
If you use a bucket or similar to catch the grey water runoff (we used a plastic cat litter container with a screw lid for easy transport to the bathrooms for dumping), make sure that there is an air gap at the end of the hose. If the drain hose is inserted below the waste water level, the sink will drain slowly, and there will be back pressure that might force water around the gasket.
bankr63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 04:38 AM   #3

Sink water

I have the same problem! And clearly so did the previous owner...The latest thing I was told to try is to take the drain area apart and put plumbers putty under the metal ring inside the sink that screws on from underneath the sink. Will be trying that next week.
smalt is offline   Reply With Quote