Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-11-2011, 04:58 PM   #1

Arrow Tail lights not working - 2009 806 pop-up

So after camping this weekend I hooked up the camper on the way out and the tail lights and signals were not working. The other smaller lights, not sure what they are called, that are around the camper worked fine so I'm assuming that the trailer connector is fine. I poped the camper back up and I wasn't able to find a fuse box anywhere. Lights were fine one day, and then no lights! Any thoughts on where a fuse box could be so I could check it or any other suggestions? I have a 2009 806. Thanks!
brandonfaulkner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 05:54 PM   #2

Brandon-- There aren't any fuses for the driving lights in the trailer. You can check the 4 pin (I assume) connector between your tv & pup if you don't have power there you can check you tv fuse box. Any time I had problems similar to yours the connector was the problem. That iccy green stuff on the pins or the female connector.Clean them up good, add some dielectric grease ( auto parts store)and your problem might go away. Larry
Old 07-12-2011, 10:41 AM   #3

Hey Brandon - first of all, welcome to the Jayco Forum! If you get a chance, come on over to the new member forum and introduce yourself.

The other smaller lights are called your Running Lights. If the running lights are on, your steady tail light should be on as well.

I would check the light sockets. I had a similar situation and found a little corrosion in the sockets. Cleaning them up fixed the problem. Let us know what you find.

2009 JayFlight Manual Library

Want to add a signature to your posts? --> Click Here
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 12:22 PM   #4

Hi Brandon and welcome to the Jayco Owners Forum. We had a problem with the tail lights not working on a pop-up. We tried everything. We wound up getting new bulbs from an autostore and Don also cleaned out corosion from the sockets. Lights worked after that. What was most frustrating, the time it took to do this caused us to miss out on a couple extra hours at a campground on that trip. Let us know what the ultimate fix turns out to be
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 07:05 PM   #5

in the 20 years of having our 1991 806 when lights don't work its usually a bad ground or corrosion. Somthing as simple as running a pocket knife over the 2 little nubs on bottom of the buld can fix that connection. For some reason the tail lights are the only ones that gunk up. Get some dielectric grease and its usually good for a year or so here in new England. 20 years and the old girl is finally showing her age (even orig. canvas just one bad corner started last year.) hats one good thing about a Jayco pop up they seem to last from the people I know personally. We have been talking about weather or not to buy new canvas 850.00 or come up to date and buy a new pup. Good luck with your lights
CentralNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 01:38 PM   #6

So I checked the bulbs and they all look good to go. No condensation or corrosion in any of the sockets. Pulled the fuses in the truck that had anything associated with towing...all are fine as well. Next thing...going to buy the dielectric grease as suggested! Probably the issue since this last winter is the first time in three seasons I've parked the camper outside and living near the beach and the salt in the air could have done something to the connector. Guess we will see!
brandonfaulkner is offline   Reply With Quote