Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-30-2015, 10:24 PM   #1
water fill

This might sound like a dumb question but what do I need to attach my potable water hose to my water fill tube?* My hose is much smaller than the water fill inlet.

railrunner74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 06:05 AM   #2
You don't attach it, just put it in the fill tube and remove it when the tank is full. If you are at a site that has water just for your site connect the hose to the fresh water connection (female hose connection on the side)

PINNACLE 2015 38FLSA. aka: "Roam Sweet Home"
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 06:20 AM   #3
The opening isn't big enough to put the hose in. I have to hold it there. Kinda hard to do when you have to hold the handle down on the water supply at the same time. I just didn't know if I was doing something wrong or what.
Old 03-31-2015, 06:25 AM   #4
Depends on the brand of RV hose you use - I have one where the end won't fit at all, another where it loosely fits in. I was concerned that it may blow off when I turned on the water, but no issues.
Lately, because one of the hoses sprung a leak between two of the plys (swelled up like a sausage!), I just cut the end off about a foot from the fitting that screws on to other hose ends. Now I just stick the bare hose into the tube a few inches, and all is good.
2012 Ford F-150 Eco, Max/Max
Jayco 26.5 RLS, Reese Sidewinder
Flapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 06:45 AM   #5
Google "Rv water fill tube Amazon". It is only $4. Problem solved.
dewey02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 07:29 AM   #6
Here are 2 you can find them cheaper elsewhere
Water Tank Filler with Shut-Off Valve - Camco 40003 - Fresh Water Pumps - Camping World

Water Tank Filler - Camco 40023 - Fresh Water Pumps - Camping World
2004 Chev Silverado Duramax optioned past the max. 2009 Jayco Eagle 308 RLS 765 watts of solar, 6-6 volt batteries (696 amp hour), 2000 watt (4000 surge) whole house inverter.
140 days boondocking in 2016
211/2015, 196/14, 247/13, 193/12

Seann45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 07:39 AM   #7
Thanks a lot...those would probably help a lot.
Old 03-31-2015, 09:08 AM   #8
I have one of these, they work great. When I run out of water when boondocking, I put a water bandit on my portable water tank and attach the above filler to it, and it makes pouring water into the tank easier too, and a lot less water going down my leg and into my shoes.
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 11:01 AM   #9
Problems using water in Jayco 1007 2008

Hi I have a few questions as we just bought a used 2008 jayco 1007 and had a frustrating first weekend.

1. If we use a hose at home (where we are on well water, not city water) in the city fill connection, my understanding is that the water will fill the hot water heater. But when the hot water heater is filled, does the water just stop running even though the water is turned on at the house where the hose is hooked up? Or will it now overflow into the fresh water tank until that is filled? If the water stops, what causes it to just stop? I read that there is a valve somewhere but I cannot find it.

2. At the campsite this weekend, we filled the fresh water tank in the gravity fill. Once it was full and we were at the campsite, we turned on the hot water faucet to fill the hot water heater so that there would be no air in it, and turned on the pump. Five min later, the water was still gurling and spurting. Same with cold water. We were never able to get it to stop spurting. And when we turned the pump off after the faucets were closed, it was still running after five min. No water leaks anywhere, and believe me, I checked. The connection to and from the water pump seems tight. I cannot figure out why we cannot get the air out.

3. We didn't use a pressure regulator when we screwed the hose into city fill because we are on well water at home, so lower pressure. Should we still use it when at home using hose for city fill?

Your help would be appreciated. How long should it take for the tap to stop spurting once you turn the pump on and the tap on? What do we do to get this air out? My husband did not have the hot water heater turned on when we did this, but he said it shouldn't matter.
SamKelly1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 11:39 AM   #10
SamKelly1965, hello and welcome to the forum. Let me see if I can answer your questions.

1. Gravity does not fill the water heater, only pressurized water from either the city water connection (connected to a pressurized source) or from the on-board water pump drawing water from the water tank. If you fill the fresh water water tank using the gravity fill port, you fill it until the water starts to come out of the overflow tube under the TT...it will not stop on it's own.

2. You need to purge the air at the water heater using the pressure relief valve first.

3. City water connector should be regulated at all times to be on the safe side...especially if you don't know the PSI coming from the well pump.

If you have additional questions, you may want to start a new thread. Hope this helps.

2013 26BH ghetto model w/ 4 plain rims and some rust
2001 Silverado 2500HD 6.0 gasser

I have a fever...and the only cure is more camping!
Iraqvet05 is offline   Reply With Quote