Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-30-2014, 05:08 PM   #1

Water fill spout

I have a 1999 Laurel/Heritage(or Heritage/Laurel) whichever way it is. That's how long it has been since I have even opened it up. When I go to fill up the fresh water tank, something leaks like a sieve. Last time it was the hose somewhere in the system between the fill spout and the tank. Never did find out exactly where. Is there a way to check the system hoses without paying dealer repair diagnostic and repair prices?
p69smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 06:55 PM   #2

Hello and welcome! First, if your leak is underneath the camper, make sure the drain is closed. If your leak is inside, you should be able to see the tank and all the hoses from inside the pop up. They are usually under a bench. If water is leaking inside this area, find the source and go from there. It may be something a easy to fix as tightening a hose clamp. LW
el-dubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 08:29 AM   #3

I had to replace the filler hose on a Fleetwood popyp. I could never find the leak, it was a coragated type hose. I had the wife start to till the trailer after I climbed under the slide, hold and behold it was in one of the creases, I couldn't get out from under there fast enough. Didn't want to drive 30 miles one way to get the hose. Went to the local plumping store, there was not as milky looking, got me app 8 feet of the stuff and repaired the next day. Easy fix. So you know hose about a quarter of the price at plumbing store.
BillMc
BillMc40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 08:49 AM   #4

I had to replace the filler hose on my Jayco Heritage also. It is an easy fix if you are good with tools. Take the filler door off the trailer disconnect the filler hose from the tank and the filler door, attach new hose and put it back together. Make sure you use fresh caulking around the filler door when you put it back together.
slabat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 02:40 PM   #5

Mine did that and it was the hose from the filler spout to the tank. I removed the little door below the sink and can see it and replaced it.
Old 02-14-2015, 07:03 PM   #6

Welcome to the forum. Hopefully your leak problem has been resolved.
fielro is offline   Reply With Quote