Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-06-2015, 02:39 PM   #1

Water Filter

I have a 2006 1207. I got this camper this spring. Testing the water system before my first time out ,I found that there was very little water flow on the cold water side so I replaced the in line water filter. Problem solved. Water flow was as good as the hot water side. I took the camper for a long weekend the end of June water was fine. Brought it home packed it away and took it on another trip a couple of weeks ago, water was fine the 1st day, 2nd day no cold water. Took the filter out & hooked it up direct, water was fine. Do these filters not last any longer than that? Should I have taken it out when I got back or done something to it to prolong it's use? The original was a Flow-Pur FP10GKT which is what I replaced it with. Good brand? Thanks!
Western NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 06:46 AM   #2

A normal use filter should last one camping season. It will be more the taste of the water if anything that tells you to replace well before the filter clogs up. Sounds like you filter is either defective or poorly constructed.
Old 10-07-2015, 06:52 AM   #3
Site Team

Or there is really dirty water where you are camping. We use a whole house filter and changing the element is lots less expensive.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote