Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-10-2011, 06:07 PM   #1

Unhappy Water pressure loss...

While enjoying our last weekend excursion, our sink water pressure pooped out. We had great pressure when first hooked up, but then it tapered to a trickle for the rest of the weekend. I checked as much as I could (without taking all the inside plumbing apart).

The hose bib, filter, and hose ran great all by themselves, I pulled the screen at the trailer inlet thinking it might be clogged, no dice, it was clean also. I noticed what appeared to be a 'check ball' in the inlet behind the screen (sorry bad pic)...does that belong there? Or did it migrate from the faucet causing the pressure problem? I pushed it with a small screwdriver and water started to drain back out of the system, the subsequent release of the ball and the water stopped draining.

The faucet started to make a wierd noise when the water did run...and it sounded like air trapped somewhere- almost like that ball was vibrating rapidly.

Before I attempt to tear the faucet assembly apart, can the faucet be dismantled and put back together? Or is it a sealed assembly? This faucet is a double pumper if you will- you can 'pump' water (pushing up & down repeatedly) from a storage tank (no longer there) or just push down for city water.
Attached Thumbnails
028.jpg   024.jpg  

2009 JKU TV (Its a Jeep thing...you wouldn't understand!)
2000 Quest 8U PUP
Tyreguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 07:13 PM   #2

I can't tell from your pics but does your faucet have a screen? I don't have the pump faucet but mine was dirty and not even a drop would come out.
N.S.Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 11:23 AM   #3

Ok...apparently the problem is the plastic check valve in the 'city water dish'. I took the faucet completely apart, cleaned the guts and put it back together with the same results- very low (if any) water pressure and lots of noise at the the hose inlet ('city water dish'). Since everything in there is plastic and non-replaceable, I had to order a new 'dish' (with brass parts this time) and wait to see if that'll fix ithe issue.

Waiting sucks. But at least these parts are cheap, and easy to work on!

2000 Quest 8U PUP
Old 07-18-2011, 10:26 AM   #4

The new water dish/check valve didn't fix it. There still is very little pressure and noise (water hammering) {posted in tech column}. I took the water line completely out and blew the line out with compressed air, reinstalled and still no pressure, and still lots of noise. The faucet is next to go.

If this ain't it...I'm on this one. There isn't much to this 'system'....a water inlet, a piece of water line, and a faucet.

2000 Quest 8U PUP
Old 07-27-2011, 06:58 PM   #5

Talking Update (posted in tech forum) !!

My problem is fixed- it was the faucet causing all the trouble. All is well in camper land!

2000 Quest 8U PUP