Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-04-2013, 04:22 PM   #1

Satelite hook up 29 BHS?

I'm trying to get my Satelite TV going in my 2007 29BHS on the outside there's a cable connection and inside the TV hole there's a white antenna box with a 12 volt socket and a cable connection there is also a black button. In my past experience there's usually cable--ant switch,in this case I don't see one. where does the outside connection go ? Where does the connection in the bedroom come from? antennae?

Any help would be appreciated
bat119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 05:28 PM   #2

This is just me but I never had any luck messing with the so called Satellite Cable hookup on the outside of the trailer.

Everytime I tried to make it work I would mess up something on the CABLE TV side.

What I did was use a portable two head SAT DISH on a tripod and run each LNB SAT signal output using their own RG6 cables to the trailer. One went to the Livingroom Home Entertainment Center area and the other went to the bedroom area hookup.

This method requires a SAT RCVR at both locations. Then using the VIDEO OUTPUT of each SAT RCVR I would run the VIDEO lines to the TV monitor at each location. Using the TV REMOTE I can select VID 1 for SAT reception or CABLE/ANTENNA for regular TV reception.

This was the least complicated easiest thing for me to do. Both TVs set can watch whatever SAT TV CHANNEL they want to view.

Then when the NATL BROADCAST came out a few years back I found out I could watch full screen high definition TV SIGNALs from the local town using my OTA BATWING antenna. This is full blown HDTV free to the public (CBS-ABC-FOX-NBC-PBS) full high definition TV signals. After being able to pick these signals up for free I stopped bringing along my SAT TV items from my house account. If I want to view some CABLE TV signals when camping off the power grid I would downstream them from the internet.

Actually most of channels we always watched before was the Natl Broadcast channels anyway so don't really miss the SAT TV at all...

This is just my way of doing it. I'm sure others have figured how to make the different trailer INPUTS on the outside of the trailer but I never had luck doing it...

Roy Ken
RETIRED DOD DOAF DON CONTRACTOR Electronics Tech 42YRS

"We're burning daylight" - John Wayne
2008 STARCRAFT 14RT OFF-ROAD POPUP with PD9260C and three 85AH 12VDC batteries
2010 F150 FX4 5.4 GAS with 3.73 gears - Super Cab - Towing Package - 2KW Honda EU2000i Gen
K9PHT (since 1957) 146.52Mhz
"We always have a PLAN B"
RoyBraddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 07:26 PM   #3

My goal is to get the satellite working with one box and then run the signal to the bedroom, both TV's would have the same show I guess that would be roughing it. We don't have any cable available and the TV antenna might as well be a clothes line there are no broadcast channels up here. I'm going to take apart the TV outlet, that outside cable must go somewhere.
Old 05-04-2013, 07:39 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat119 View Post
I'm trying to get my Satelite TV going in my 2007 29BHS on the outside there's a cable connection and inside the TV hole there's a white antenna box with a 12 volt socket and a cable connection there is also a black button. In my past experience there's usually cable--ant switch,in this case I don't see one. where does the outside connection go ? Where does the connection in the bedroom come from? antennae?

Any help would be appreciated

We had to do some cable-swapping to get the satellite working in our 2008 Jayfeather. You cannot run the digital satellite signal through the signal booster (the booster is turned on by the black button on the outlet). Here is a diagram from Winegard. I also have a pdf file that explains it very well with pictures...not sure if I can attach files here?

Click image for larger version

Name:	rv_sathookup.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	7705

wallacemf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 08:47 PM   #5

That'swhat I was looking for
Thanks