Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-13-2010, 05:52 PM   #1

Jayco.......Warranty

Has any one had problems with Dealer Warranty Problems. I went to the dealer again today. I read the service manager my list Again, all 13 items.

The manager called for my paper work from my last visit Hey my same printed list. I got a lot of looking at Shoes when I asked what happened??

I first brought my unit in the first time for the wireless remote failure and the Jacks blowing the fuses in Nov. Well the remote controler was replaced everything good. The jacks stink big time. The legs wobble badly after the fix but they don't blow the fuses. They replaced the legs with another manufacture.
Ok after the winter in Texas I bring in a list of 13 items. I got the unit home but some items not addressed. I am really tired of bringing the Jayco into the dealer (65 miles ) Well the Jayco sits at our dealer again. I wonder if anyone else is having problems with their dealers ???

I know my dealer is making some changes but I getting tired of things not getting addressed.

Ok I'm off my Soap Box !!!
Http://yogi154.blogspot.com/
yogi154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 08:45 AM   #2

Same here my dealer seams to not have a clue..
93/2020,157/2019219/2018 206/2017,215/2016, 211/2015, 196/14, 247/13, 193/12

Seann45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 11:55 AM   #3

So far so good with our dealer and warranty issues. The tech manager worked with Jayco to upgrade our twice failed ladder. Richardson's RV has pretty good customer service. The only sucky thing is that they are four hour drive a way. They do have elec hookups in their parking lot in case you need to overnight it
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 01:41 PM   #4

I have to admit, my dealer got low marks on the survey Jayco sent me after my purchase. Seems once they've made their profit, their service goes to pot. I suspect that the money, time & effort it takes them to get reimbursed from Jayco may be one of the causes....that, and it's prime season right now for RV problems and being seasonal workers (at least, here anyway) they're probably swamped with work at the moment. Dunno.... I haven't been impressed yet though....

2010 JayFeather 23K
05 GMC Envoy XL
McMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 04:51 PM   #5

Wayne:

The only Jayco dealer in my area is over 30 miles away but fortunately there's an excellent RV repair place within 10 miles of my house. This being the case I've used his service for years, even when I had a Class A MH. I've never had any problems with this place and since I've owned my Jayco 5th wheel trailer, when it was in warranty, he'd fix whatever was wrong and bill Jayco. Now that it's out of warranty (I'm now on the extended warranty plan I purchased) there are still no problems. Guess I'm one of the lucky ones and I thank the good Lord for it too.

As for working with a dealer that doesn't want to work with you; in my opinion once you've exhausted everything I'd call the Jayco factory [(800) 283-8267] and explain the problem to them. I'd then ask what they can do to help me out without having to take the trailer, or MH, to Jayco in Middlebury, IN (where you would get things repaired w/o a lot of heartburn, at least that's been my experience). It certainly can't hurt to give 'em a call and find out where you stand. "Good luck", I hope you can resolve the issues you have.
RR Conductor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 05:44 PM   #6

The sales dept at our dealer was great , but the service dept leaves alot to be desired , first of all I have a Hensley hitch , they charged me 50 dollars to remove and reinstall , during the reinstall the tech had no idea hat he was doing , and I ended up doing it myself . They did nothing for my breaks that still squeal , unless i have a real problem I will fix it myself .
kipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 06:43 PM   #7

I wanted a 5th Airbourne with the Sidewinder Pin Box. I asked the dealer for a Price $ 2595 installed plus tax. WOW I priced it at e-trailer and got it for
$ 1450 no tax and free shipping. I asked the New service manager why so much ? His answer was they pay List Price for ordered items. Well I guess I had Stupid written on my fore head again.
Well the wife and I installed it in Dec in the cold but I saved a grand. I paid the wife a hundred to help me LOL . Hey the sidewinder saved my butt a couple times in Texas last winter too.
I was going to ask the dealer for a price on a Satelite dish but changed my mind. I thought why bother.
My dealer assured me they would call me yesterday after they checked out my rig. I have sat next to the phone for hours waiting and you got it no call, but every time I call them my part Just Got Here.
Well I am going to be in Elkhart area in Aug & Sept for a couple rallys and for Driving School for the Wife and I will set in too. I guess I will go to the factory and talk to a couple people about service. I will also invite them to visit the fourm here.

OK who kick out my soap box ??
Old 07-14-2010, 07:16 PM   #8

Wayne: If you plan on going to the factory to have them take a look at some things be sure and call them as soon as possible to make an appointment. Not sure how much luck you'll have without an appointment, especially if you hit there and they've got several units to be worked on. In case you've never contacted the factory for warranty work call the main number, 800-283-8267, and ask for Jamie in their service dept. I forget her extension but the operator will know who you're talking about. Jamie will make an appointment for you on the day you'll be in Middlebury. Hope all goes well, be sure and post how things went when you get a chance. I should be home by mid September so can read what you have to say.
RR Conductor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 08:15 AM   #9

Inspect it before yo leave.
Old 07-15-2010, 01:36 PM   #10

Well today the service Manager called to say everything is taken care of, but the front jacks. They are working with jayco as to resolve this problem. My big complaint is the changed the jacks in Dec. now they wobble badly. When I talked to Jayco direct they agreed that was a problem. I figure the dealer is tired of seeing or hearing from Me and they want me gone. But I'm like a Bad Penny as I will keep coming back & writing to Jayco Customer Service.
Well I sit and wait for an answer from the Powers to Be !!
Old 07-24-2010, 03:39 PM   #11

Well I guess the front Jack problem is resolved. I have talked to my service manager from the dealer about three times this week. I guess our sale girl explained that we do talk to the factory reps. Well today they had a Leibert rep. out today at 1:00 would you believe that they called me at 1:20. The fix was two options. Fix one ... reinstall the Liebert jacks tight as a drum No Wobble, but the are too tight and blow the 30 amp fuse. Liebert says the jacks as Under Sized for the size of the unit. (hey they built the frame) Not a good choice I blow 2 or 3 fuses at each time I had a problem.
Fix two .... Install four JT Stablers at no cost to me for the parts. I have to pay for labor $ 75 bucks.
The jacks frame is Liebert. Now with Atwood arms that Wobble (because they are too small for the Liebert unit)
I am thinking of telling them to change the Liebert under carriage system to Atwood. Right now not sure what way to go.

I am still Happy with out Jayco , I look at this as a small problem
Old 07-29-2010, 06:12 PM   #12

Well tomorrow I pick up the beast. The dealer installed the J T Stablezers. We will see how they work, I have read alot about them. Well I Guess we will see.
Old 07-29-2010, 07:22 PM   #13

We are sooooo fortunate compared to many of you. Our dealer is only about 20 minutes away...but we have had mixed results with warranty work. The service writer doesn't necessarily stare at his shoes but oftens says "not sure i don't work on the units myself". Both hubby and myself have gone round with him. At this point he knows who we are when we walk in there, no need to give him our name anymore. He recently told me he knows that we take good care of our trailer and knows my husband is VERY particular. We have found that speaking with the service manager has gotten us better results.
Jaycojenni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 04:17 PM   #14

We have the Blue Bird Home !!! Those J T Stablizers are GOOD. We have No Rocking. Momma is happy !! We have a New Mattress to bring in and Hit the Road for a week or ?? I sure won't miss the fifty plus trip each way to the dealer. The new service manager assured me everything is good to go. They installed a new TV (I forgot to check to see if it's in there)
We are looking forward to hitting the road, we are thinking of seeing some friends in the big Mo (Missouri)
Old 07-31-2010, 07:06 PM   #15

Wayne and Marti!!! Have fun on your road trip.... after this much time, you deserve it!
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 05:54 PM   #16

Thanks Judy,

We have been home for 3 months and want to hit the road again. Looking to see a fellow RVer south of St Louis. Then ????? and Loving it!!