Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-07-2012, 10:28 PM   #1

Decorating your trailer

Having just purchased a new trailer this week, my mind has turned to how to decorate it. I am wondering if anyone has any ideas or photos that would be helpful?
On the upside.. Jayco turns out the trailers in a very neutral color so that you can add your own touch...
On the downside.. Your Jayco trailer will remain in a very boring neutral color sceme if you don't add your own touch..

Any help would be most welcome.. I am curious on a few things..
- have you changed out the bedding to your own?
- has anyone hung any pictures or mirrors?
-has anyone added any custom shelving etc for extra storage? ( I am still wondering where we will keep the bath towels!)

Lady Wendolyn Jayflight 28BHS

For a tour of my glamorous, cool camper, and an "Ad a bifold door Mod: https://mycoolcampingcaravanadventures.blogspot.ca

For these Mods: Master bedroom shelving in closets and countertop extension: https://mycoolcampingcaravanadventure...es-camper.html

For this Mod: Adding a wall light switch to the master bedroom:
https://mycoolcampingcaravanadventure...ht-switch.html
Ladywendolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:44 PM   #2

Hi ladywendolyn. My creative juices have been working ahead to when we pick up our trailer in April. I am planning on applying some word art (decorative quotes) which look painted on but can be removed at any time. I will be using my own bedding which will be a down duvet with cover etc. I also plan on replacing the window treatments at some point as well as the shower curtain. I hope to find a lightweight rack to put up behind the toilet for towels (kind of like the hotels use where a towel is folded and inserted between the rungs). I have already made a braided rug out of old denim jeans for in front of the main bed bunk. Beyond that who knows . Will definitely post pictures as they are available. I am also interested in others decorating tips as well.
Phar0e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:31 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladywendolyn View Post
Having just purchased a new trailer this week, my mind has turned to how to decorate it. I am wondering if anyone has any ideas or photos that would be helpful?
On the upside.. Jayco turns out the trailers in a very neutral color so that you can add your own touch...
On the downside.. Your Jayco trailer will remain in a very boring neutral color sceme if you don't add your own touch..

-has anyone added any custom shelving etc for extra storage? ( I am still wondering where we will keep the bath towels!)
We have a collage frame with a bunch of family photos that we hang over the sofa. It's the perfect size for the wall. I used those 3M Command clear plastic hooks that are small, which allows us to take the frame down and place it on the bed with the TVs when we're moving.

In the bathroom, we installed some wire shelving in the ward just above the clothes rack pole (or whatever you call it). It allows us to put towels and sheets up in the top end of the cabinet. Very handy and it's very light.

2015 Ford F350 Lariat FX4 6.7 CC DRW
2015 Eagle Premier 351RSTS

Quahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 04:36 PM   #4

Different color throw pillows on the couch, brighter bedspread, pics of our last 2 campers and DD & DS, throw rugs with palm tree design (DW's idea).
wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 05:15 PM   #5

Hung a lightweight metal wall sculpture of farm animals (Hobby Lobby), to bring the farm life with us, on wall adjacent to fridge & pantry. Currently looking for something to decorate bathroom walls. Hubby siliconed towel bar on back wall of shower to hang wet towels & washcloths. I do love PharOe's idea of towel rack behind toilet! I also changed out bedding and put vinyl covers over bunkbeds to help preserve them from my stinky teenagers!
Old 03-08-2012, 05:29 PM   #6

We have a towel bar behind the toilet but I don't know if that's OEM or if the previous owner put it there. It comes in real handy.

I also put a double hook on the wall adjacent to the shower for hanging up damp towels. Works great.

Old 03-08-2012, 05:32 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quahog View Post
We have a towel bar behind the toilet but I don't know if that's OEM or if the previous owner put it there. It comes in real handy.

I also put a double hook on the wall adjacent to the shower for hanging up damp towels. Works great.
We have a towel bar behind toilet, but do like that rack idea if it's not too heavy. I have a feeling we will be adding some hooks for all kinds of things! I did do that to hang a lightweight mirror on our bedrm door. I may be camping, but I still want to look good!
Old 03-08-2012, 05:35 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladywendolyn View Post

Definitely put our own bedding and spread on the bed!
Our Jayco 23FB is tan/brown colors. We found brown tone throw pillows for the sofa. And brown multi-color floor runner rugs for the main entrance floor.
Our bathroom has a nice size closet in there that we bought the 3 drawer plastic roll dressers in for towels, socks, underwear, t-shirts, etc.
On the back of the bathroom door we hung the 3M stick-on hooks for towels.
I will take pictures for you in the morning.
Kat

2011 Jayco Flight G2 23FB
2008 Dodge Ram 2500 HD
1500Weight Distribution System, Accupower Pilot Brake Control, Sway Control, Husky Elec Jack
Moving Target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 05:37 PM   #9

DW has a folding stainless rack she brings along to hang towels, bathing suits, etc. It's great... lightweight and folds up for easy storage. I think we paid around $22 at Costco.

Old 03-08-2012, 05:39 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quahog View Post
DW has a folding stainless rack she brings along to hang towels, bathing suits, etc. It's great... lightweight and folds up for easy storage. I think we paid around $22 at Costco.
That sounds like exactly what I'd need! It seems that some CG aren't keen on hanging the clothesline between the trees.
Old 03-08-2012, 05:42 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruizinKim View Post
That sounds like exactly what I'd need! It seems that some CG aren't keen on hanging the clothesline between the trees.
Kim, you can get one at WalMart and it folds up and we can slide it behind the sofa.

2011 Jayco Flight G2 23FB
2008 Dodge Ram 2500 HD
1500Weight Distribution System, Accupower Pilot Brake Control, Sway Control, Husky Elec Jack
Moving Target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:11 PM   #12

We found a small basket to put daisies in for one wall. My wife has a cross stiched sampler we need to get framed for the wall behind the sofa. I ordered a matching towel bar from the factory and added one in the bathroom. Check Lehman's Hardware online they have wooden cloths drying racks, we have used ours since we started camping.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:18 PM   #13

We have a frame with family pics, a Home Sweet Home plaque, and Sallies home made bed spread. Our Lazy Boy recliners match the color in the coach and throw rugs and a 7x10 piece of carpet thrown over the regular carpet so it will look nice for the next owner.
Life in the slow lane is still life.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:24 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruizinKim View Post
We have a towel bar behind toilet, but do like that rack idea if it's not too heavy. I have a feeling we will be adding some hooks for all kinds of things! I did do that to hang a lightweight mirror on our bedrm door. I may be camping, but I still want to look good!
Was actually thinking of putting a long mirror on the outside of the bathroom door. Might help to make the area near it look bigger as well.
Phar0e is offline   Reply With Quote