Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-16-2015, 10:16 AM   #21

That picture is one of my biggest fears. I think I am going to have nightmares now.

2014 Jayco Jay Flight 32 BHDS
2015 Ford F-250 Lariat 6.7L Powerstroke 4x4
nunyadamn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 11:06 AM   #22

So sorry to see your incounter with a stationary object.
I went from a 27' to the 39' and for the most part the towing isn't really all to different, but like we've learned those turns will kill you.

I don't have a picture of mine but I definitely came out of it way luckier than you. Mine is in the dark brown area from past the slide to the bumper. I was able to buy some dark brown duct tape (the wonder cure) and apply several strips to at least make mine a little less noticeable. I'm hoping I can buy a new panel and swap out the damaged one. My concern is the bumper and if I'll be able to reshape it back so it looks a little more like normal, sure wish the bumper wasn't welded to the chassis.

'12 F250 Ford Super Crew
'15 Jayco Eagle 338RETS
thodgson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 11:11 AM   #23

I know what you mean. Years back when were camping with our first TT we were staying at a park that had these gate posts at the head of the driveways. This poor sole was departing with his pretty new 5th wheel and cut the turn a little sharp and ripped the inside of his 5th wheel similar to what happened to DKRITTER and his outer side. You plan you think you have your bases covered and still things go wrong. My wife has decided that when pulling away in the future she wants to be outside keeping an eye on our status.

'12 F250 Ford Super Crew
'15 Jayco Eagle 338RETS
Old 02-16-2015, 11:37 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by thodgson View Post
I know what you mean. Years back when were camping with our first TT we were staying at a park that had these gate posts at the head of the driveways. This poor sole was departing with his pretty new 5th wheel and cut the turn a little sharp and ripped the inside of his 5th wheel similar to what happened to DKRITTER and his outer side. You plan you think you have your bases covered and still things go wrong. My wife has decided that when pulling away in the future she wants to be outside keeping an eye on our status.
You have a smart wife there. Not a bad idea.

2014 Jayco Jay Flight 32 BHDS
2015 Ford F-250 Lariat 6.7L Powerstroke 4x4
nunyadamn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 11:43 AM   #25

This the post, I did not bend or move the post any. The C-channel sliced down the trailer like an ice cream scoop with no resistance (the truck was idling through the gate). It took all the hook-ups out so we ended up driving home that night. Oh by the way, it was dark when I did it. These pics were taken about a week later.

DKRITTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 12:18 PM   #26

As a side note she will not be out their shouting instructions, we use Walkie-talkies to communicate.

'12 F250 Ford Super Crew
'15 Jayco Eagle 338RETS
Old 02-16-2015, 12:23 PM   #27

Boy that looks wicked. That is why I try to convince my wife that I don't like arriving in the dark. But we know how the best laid plans go.

'12 F250 Ford Super Crew
'15 Jayco Eagle 338RETS
Old 02-16-2015, 02:18 PM   #28

yeah that big scrape is what I worry about too I will have my wife watching for sure when I leave gas stations and pull out of gates ... 2 things for my list when I head for tenn in april sorry about that mess you two have encountered already dk I hate that for you
Old 02-16-2015, 02:21 PM   #29

hey th if you cant get the bumper end straight you might get another section of tube and cut off the bad section ... have the new section welded on and ground down then repaint the bumper that way you don't have to cut it loose from the frame