Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-19-2014, 09:33 AM   #1

Need tips for new 2015 Jay Flight Swift SLX 195rb

Hello - this is my first time posting - my husband and I just purchased a 2015 Jay Flight Swift SLX 195rb travel trailer. It will arrive mid-week, and we're excited to move in! First camping trip is weekend of Aug. 1.

Question: The bathrooms in these models are very basic with a tub/shower, toilet and mirror on wall. But, NO shelving/caddies to place things while getting ready, fixing hair, etc. (esp. for us ladies!). I cannot seem to find any accessory websites to look at and buy shelving, caddies, etc. (not portable ones, but ones we can permanently affix to wall). In our former '92 Jayco 5th wheel, we had all the amenities, so I've never had to look for this stuff. If anyone can provide me with websites to look at things like medicine cabinets, shelving, etc., I'd REALLY appreciate it. Any other ideas/tips for keeping it economical and efficient would be appreciated also.

Thanks - we're very excited to own another Jayco and add our own touches to it to make it perfect. I do wish it had some counter space and more shelving in the bathroom, but I know there is a reason ---- to keep it lightweight, which is why we bought it. However, it looks like we can do some additions and still be okay with load weight. Pulling with our new GMC Acadia SUV.

Happy traveling everyone!

J&S
sjneff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 09:37 AM   #2

Congrats!.... I have a similar TT and a few lightweight shelving / storgae solutions that I have worked out. Stop by / join up with our JayFlight SLX Community here....

http://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/group.php?groupid=37

Threebutchers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 09:54 AM   #3

Thanks! Beautiful color choice -- turquoise/teal is my favorite color, so I may have to copy-cat you! I will have a better idea when we receive our trailer next week, but as I recall the color tones are mostly brown. I like the towel rack idea, but am also looking for a narrow side or maybe corner shelf type unit to mount to wall so I have a place to put things when I'm getting ready in the mornings. Thanks for the reply -- love your unit!

Or, maybe I'm being too optimistic and there won't be room for a small shelf, but seems like there was when we looked at pics. Do you know of any websites to buy such things?

J&S
Old 07-19-2014, 01:22 PM   #4

just for cosmetic purposes, one of the first things I did was get matching wood color paint
and painted that mirror frame... :-)
LBL 1206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 03:49 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBL 1206 View Post
just for cosmetic purposes, one of the first things I did was get matching wood color paint
and painted that mirror frame... :-)
I've been thinking about installing a second frame around the outside of the existing mirror / frame. Haven't decided whether I'll stain or paint it....
Old 07-19-2014, 03:56 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjneff View Post
Or, maybe I'm being too optimistic and there won't be room for a small shelf, but seems like there was when we looked at pics. Do you know of any websites to buy such things? J&S
Thanks for the kind comments!

Actually...there is a shelf on the top with (2) staggered towel bars under. I also have a brushed nickel (3) shelf shower caddy I hang behind the curtain. The DW fills it up!
Old 07-19-2014, 04:04 PM   #7

we don't use it often but we have too look at it...so I made it a little easier to look at... I think? also have one of those chrome over the door 3 hook racks...
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3379.jpg   IMG_1846.jpg  
LBL 1206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 06:15 AM   #8

Very nice! I'm just wondering where I will put my things while I am fixing my hair, putting on make-up, etc. We were thinking of installing some kind of small fold-down table in the bathroom but space is going to be somewhat of an issue. Very excited to pick up our trailer tomorrow and discuss ideas with the RV dealer. He is going to have a catalog available to look at also. Happy camping!
Old 07-23-2014, 12:52 PM   #9

Have you tried campingworld.com or a Camping World Store? They have tons of things that hang, fold up, pop up, etc. Also might want to look at Ikea.
Old 08-22-2014, 09:19 AM   #10

Subscribing - just bought the same model and will be picking it up this weekend and have been looking at other's mods to get better ideas myself.
HennaOjisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 09:56 PM   #11

Different model Jayco, but we bought this pocketed hanger for the door and it works GREAT. Kids use lower pockets. We added some hooks at the bottom to hold it tight against the door so that it doesn't swing away from it. You can use screw type hooks or the removable 3m Command picture hanger hooks works well, also.

It costs $15 on Amazon and here is the link:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Dual 6V Deep Cycle Interstate Batteries
giddyup is offline   Reply With Quote