Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-06-2010, 08:29 PM   #1

The worst part, period, end of subject, no question about it, is shortly after you drink the wonderful stuff; be prepared for numerous and frequent pit stops!

After you get through that piece of the enjoyment, it is all downhill. The procedure itself is a piece of cake.
Old 01-07-2010, 07:08 AM   #2

Smile lots of fun

i had 5 in all last year.i have uc of the colon.i dont let them put me asleep,just alittle to be relaxed.i like to watch and see what it looks like myself. piece of cake procedure.
evans27292 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 10:47 AM   #3

I had my second one done this past summer. They told me that the first one at 50 was good for 10 years, but they are now saying it is only good for 5 years. Depends on the doctor I guess. No problems 10 years ago, 6 polyps this last one. All benign so that is good. Now I have to go back in 2 years this time.
Ed
edatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 11:27 AM   #4

There's just no dignity in growing older. My GP told me that when I see him next he will need to do a prostate exam. I have been avoiding that exam for years now and am not looking forward to it. I wonder which is worse, being the examinee or the examiner?
rvrev2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 03:45 PM   #5

Good question, but if your doctor ever says you need the Cystoscopy Procedure -- RUNNNNNNNNNN.

Ed
Old 01-10-2010, 10:57 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by edatlanta View Post
Good question, but if your doctor ever says you need the Cystoscopy Procedure -- RUNNNNNNNNNN.

Ed
I looked that up on Wikipedia. Wow! They showed a pic of the probe used to do the Cystoscopy procedure. The description of the procedure makes the colonoscopy look like a walk in the park!
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 11:45 AM   #7

It is the worst procedure I have ever done and hope I never have another one.

Colonoscopy is a piece of cake, it is just the night before getting ready for it that is a pain.
Old 01-11-2010, 12:37 AM   #8

I hate to say it, I am 48 and just experienced it. Had a pain in my lower right, the Doctor thought it was my apendix, or an infection close to the apendix. Doctor sends for a Cat Scan, turns out my apendix is fine, but nothing around it is. Now comes the news, a Colonoscopy so they can determine why I have an infection in my large intestine, and an Endoscopy to look at my small intestine. The good news, no polups, no tears, no bags. They gave me antibiotics, but they still don't know what caused it, and the meds took almost a week to take care of it. The Doctor did say I have the intestines of a 20 yr old, then told me this didn't excuse from the one they will do when I turn 50.
Dale_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 07:58 PM   #9

Thanks! I feel a lot less stressed about this thing. I will make certain that I camp out just down the hall of my toilet upon consuming my luscious concoction the day before! I will also make sure that the tp supply is not empty! I will have reading material near the commode. I will save the really entertaining shows on DVR for when I have to go through this torturous period of time (in between the bathroom visits). I will make sure to fill the prescriptions ahead of time and dilligently take the valium when suggested!

Once I get past that stinkin' i.v. needle, I will relax and allow myself to become "loopy". Loopy is good right...?
Old 02-28-2010, 10:23 AM   #10

It's finished! No polyps and my procedure took only 16 minutes total. Although "loopy", I was awake and able to watch the procedure on the tv monitor. Doc even gave me some pics of my colon (non-gross pics).

Best advice I got:
-REFRIDGERATE the stuff ya hafta drink a few hours before.... it's easier to drink and more palatable (I had no problem drinking it thank God!). I picked the orange flavoring packet.
-Use Vaseline to keep your self coated down there after each visit to the commode.
-After that wonderful visit to the commode, DAB, *don't* wipe, it'll just make ya feel a burn eventually.
-If you want to go to bed before 9pm, start drinking the stuff by 4-5pm.
-Hang in there, the morning drink and potty visits are less annoying than the night before.

Old 02-28-2010, 07:27 PM   #11

I guess you really are healthi, I mean healthy. Congrats on the good news.
rvrev2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 07:30 PM   #12

Well thats Good News and a load off your mind too. That calls for a celebration now go party!!!
Wayne & Marti
Http://yogi154.blogspot.com/
yogi154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 10:27 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi154 View Post
That calls for a celebration now go party!!!
Wayne & Marti
yuppers! That bottle of wine was just sittin' there waiting me!
Old 02-28-2010, 11:36 PM   #14

Don't get it too cold. You have to drink a glass every 15 minutes and if you get it too cold, you will freeze. Been there, done that. Cool is good enough.

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
Old 07-21-2010, 01:24 PM   #15

NO Doubt about it....

By far and away, the worst thing about a colonoscopy is the night before. Things are getting better as my first procedures involved lots of syrupy liquids mixed with clear sodas. They were not TOO bad to drink but you had to drink so much of them. My last procedure involved pills and lesser amounts of liquids. That was easier to take. Chicken broth and sprite will get you through the night!!
RSGentry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 07:27 AM   #16

A few years ago I was scheduled for the procedure. Wife said pick a flavor you don't like, cause you'll never want to taste it again.
What an experience. I always request to be asleep during any procedure that involves poking or prodding. All I can remember is one of the nurses slapping me on the head, can't imagine why. The best part was going out and getting something to eat after-words.
They recommended another in 5 yrs. I responded "catch me if you can".
Old 07-22-2010, 01:26 PM   #17

LOL, I never thought of it that way (flavor) Don finally had his done in May. I think it helped him to know I went through it and did ok! He also had no polyps and was told to come back in 10 years